Ready for iWatch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by liberated, Oct 6, 2013.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes! After playing around with pebble for a few weeks, I can't wait for iwatch. I was VERY skeptical about pebble and the watch concept overall, but wearing this pebble has fundamentally changed the way I use my phone. This happened gradually, can not clearly describe it. I feel that this has to be experienced. Wearing a smart watch will fundamentally change the way you use your phone, specifically in the professional environment.

2. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Can you elaborate? I'm skeptical too, and would love to hear how you use it and why it has fundamentally changed how you use your phone.

3. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Maybe now instead of taking out his iPhone to check the time, he checks his watch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

What exactly can pebble do with the iPhone ?

5. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Um, I have a watch that does that already. ;)

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure how to explain it but the watch has eliminated the need to check my phone consistently. In my line of work reaching to check the iPhone everytime I get an email is not good. The watch allows me to screen all notifications and decide which ones to address and when. Sounds simple, but it makes a huge difference to me, more than I thought. You just have to experience it.

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I have two part time situations where checking my phone is not practical. This may be a solution. Thanks.

9. Nickbakko

Nickbakko New Member

doesn't look like I will get it

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

List all the Apple products you own. If you have more than three different Apple products, then you WILL get the I watch :D

11. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

iPhones: 3GS / 4S / 5 & iPad 3 and ATV 2 ( those are just my items) .... And I'm not getting their watch ;)

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Suuureeee you're not ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I don't wear a watch now as it is. However, if someone happens to buy me one, I would probably force myself to wear it on occasion. Lol

14. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

iPhone 5S and 4S, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Apple TV...then there are my kids' iPod Touches, iPod shuffles.....

Yeah, I'll get iWatch when it comes out. I have been admiring the Samsung watch commercial for a week or so now. But I will stay true and wait.

Sent using iCafe app

15. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

And you will wear it for 13 days & have to return it because your gold one came in. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I'm really hoping they announce this thing during the iPad event. I am really into watches and I almost purchased the pebble a few months back but decided to hold out. I really like the idea of being able to see emails, texts, etc. without having to take my phone out of my pocket. This will come in handy big time when I am in meetings or somewhere I can not look rude by taking out my phone.

17. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

i don't think we'll be seeing an iwatch any time soon. with the way Apple hardware leaks have been happening, we'd have seen something by now.

18. Muckcityjustin

Gold

Kind of what I'm guessing also. I'm pretty bummed that it has taken this long.

Sent using iCafe app

19. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

You make a really good point. Lately the leaks have been a reliable way to know about upcoming Apple products. Sadly, no iwatch leaks may mean no iwatch for the time being.

20. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

yeah, there hasn't even been any fake attempts, let alone possible legit leaks.