Ready to leave iPhone

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
I'm at wits end with the iPhone. I lost all of my contacts and had to do a restore to get them back from last year. :( Now the **** thing wants a password that I don't know what it is, and when I put the phone in the charger, it freezes up and I have to cut it off and back on to get it to work. And also, it beeps every two minutes which I have never seen it do before. Any suggestions before I get ballistc would be greatly appreciated. This is my second iPhone by the way. It was replaced when the other ones battery kept running out.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
sounds pretty bizarre to me. i'd try restoring one more time, and if you have the same problems, get it replaced.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
iPhone

Wow, sucks that you are having so many problems. I've had mine since release day and it is Jailbroken with many, many apps. I have upgraded from recently from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 and have had no problems. Even Customize 2.0 works.

Anyway...You are having some bad luck or you are definitely doing something that is causing these problems. I would go to an Apple store and demand a new iPhone not a refurb. 3rd time may be the charm :)

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I would give it more thought .... did u jailbreak and do something wrong..

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
No, I've been jb'd for months. This just started happening this past weekend and is driving me nuts. I'll try another restore tonight and report back. I really love the iPhone but it gets more crazy every day.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
try going into settings>general>reset>reset all. this will only restore your phone to factory settings but you wont lose any info. if that doesn't work then make sure you have all your contacts and important info saved to your comp. then try a restore and set up as new phone. you will still have the same number and be on the same plan but the phone will be as if out of box.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I think you installed something that screwed up your phone. Like kate. I did not use kate but if there is a sticky to stay away. I did. My phone was screwy when I had pysl and vwallpaper and itoday installed. I removed all of them and my phone has been fine since then minus the cracked glass since I dropped it. Always sync and back up your phone.

If I was you. I would restore and try again. If it doesn't help. Take it back.

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Well, I got it back working again, but I didn't write anything down that I had downloaded. I was wondering if you guys could help me out? I only have BSD Subsystem, Installer, and OpenSSH on my phone. I just dl'd Summerboard 3.2, but I don't see Customize 2.0. I also dl'd Community Sources 3.82 also. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
YouTube not working. Used ZiPhone 3.0 and selected Jailbreak and Activate. Any ideas?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Try the "Do it all" option. The "Jailbreak & Activate" option gave me a lot of issues also. The Do it all fixed everything.

What version of boatloader do you have?

YouTube not working. Used ZiPhone 3.0 and selected Jailbreak and Activate. Any ideas?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sorry if you've mentioned this, but when restoring before jailbreaking, did you restore from a backup or as a new device? If it was from a backup, that's likely your problem. Try it again as a new device.

re: the password thing.... could it be your voicemail password? If you don't know this, call AT&T