Real emergency please help

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Guys
I need some help, someone keeps pranking my phone non stop, its been three days now and i need some help
I would just shut my phone off but my wife is about to have a baby and I am awaiting her call while in the office or even running to the store, is there a way i can block this number till i find out who it is, and run a bat over every bone in his body.
Also if anyone knows where i can find an address for 347 ***-9682 (not sure if i can post a number on here)
i would really really appreciate it, all i want is an address i don't care about name or age or anything else, i have tried using those reverse cell phone lookups but have had no help

Guys i really appreciate your help

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Guys
I need some help, someone keeps pranking my phone non stop, its been three days now and i need some help
I would just shut my phone off but my wife is about to have a baby and I am awaiting her call while in the office or even running to the store, is there a way i can block this number till i find out who it is, and run a bat over every bone in his body.
Also if anyone knows where i can find an address for 347 233-9682
i would really really appreciate it, all i want is an address i don't care about name or age or anything else, i have tried using those reverse cell phone lookups but have had no help

Guys i really appreciate your help
Have you tried calling ATT? I don't think there is a way to block the number without calling ATT.

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
No i have not, I will do that now, thanks

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Besides calling AT&T, if you want more info about who is calling. Google "reverse phonebook". There are several different sites that would give you at least an idea where the person is calling from. Some websites would give you more probably for a fee. At most probably who the phone number is registered to.

Sadly, if it's not a LAN line, the best you might get is "Verizon Customer in ___".

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
tracking number

Besides calling AT&T, if you want more info about who is calling. Google "reverse phonebook". There are several different sites that would give you at least an idea where the person is calling from. Some websites would give you more probably for a fee. At most probably who the phone number is registered to.

Sadly, if it's not a LAN line, the best you might get is "Verizon Customer in ___".
*To see where the number comes from*
In your recent calls
(1)find the number
(2)click the blue arrow
(3)Under the number see where its coming from

Hope this helps. Maybe he is in your town?

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
if this is a new number from att and not a ported number that could be the problem... what happens is lets say someone had a phone number then disconnected... that number goes back into the buffer of available numbers it does not die... try calling an old cell or house number... most of the time someone else has it now... so it could be someone trying to call an old number for someone they knew.... i use to get random calls all the time on my number and still do sometimes (mind you that i have had this number since the 8th grade from a tmobile prepaid to my nextel now to my iPhone) seems to be all spanish speaking people that call me lol weird? but you should be able to call att and block that number from calling you or have them change your number even though i know thats a pain because you just gave it out to everyone and don't want to do it again... but good luck and put that iPhone to good use and get some pics of your new baby:laugh2:

tupacinla

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
ever try dialing *69 ? i don't know if it works on blocked numbers though..

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Your best bet is to call AT&T.

People should read the whole post before answering.

He said that he already tried reverse lookup and didn't work.

He also said that he know the number, so *69 would not give him anything new.

flow350

Aug 1, 2007
*To see where the number comes from*
In your recent calls
(1)find the number
(2)click the blue arrow
(3)Under the number see where its coming from

Hope this helps. Maybe he is in your town?
this makes no sense at all... Am I missing something?

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Give the phone number to the police maybe? I think they will run a search and if your complaint is valid, they will visit the address associated with the number. But please don't take matters into your own hand, especially with your new baby.

Good luck and congratulations on the newborn to be.

Bannod

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
At the beach, WA
i use to get random calls all the time on my number and still do sometimes (mind you that i have had this number since the 8th grade from a tmobile prepaid to my nextel now to my iPhone) seems to be all spanish speaking people that call me lol weird?
Count yourself lucky! I used to get calls at 2am from drunk men who thought I was Linda.

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Thank you all for help,
but no police involved new baby or not this will be handled the NY way,

I made some progress last night not much, all i found out was this is a T-mobile pre paid phone

Bibliotch

Aug 16, 2007
Count yourself lucky! I used to get calls at 2am from drunk men who thought I was Linda.
Linda, ish that yoo baby... hey hun *hic* it's Bob... you remember me? *hic* What, this ishn't Linda? Well get Linda I haven't got *hic* all night.

But more on topic... if calling AT&T and your local PD does not work, I would recommend setting a ringtone for your wife's number that is unique and a generic for all other calls... that at least will give you some idea if it's TIME!

And congratulations on the baby. :)

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
It should tell what state the call is from in your iPhone, but if you want to go further, search for Reverse phone directories in google and you will find a bunch of websites that your like $12 will give you all the caller info.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Lol.. was reading on the net that there's some website out there that will ruin the guys life for 20 bucks.. hehe.. wonder if they will work off a phone number only.. :p

Oh.. Pre-Congrats on the baby!

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Don't count out that being an old number that somehow gets used again. That was not totally clear so let me say it this way. When I lived in PA and made a switch to Verizon, they accidentally assigned the same number to two people. Me and an EMT dispatch center. The number for them did not go "live" for 1.5 years so all of a sudden I started to get a huge number of calls, I mean 10 per hour to where I had to shut my phone off. When I looked into it I found this out. Now on their end thankfully it had a redundant system that called a few numbers at once as that could have been a really bad situation for them.

Maybe something like this?

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Lol.. was reading on the net that there's some website out there that will ruin the guys life for 20 bucks.. hehe.. wonder if they will work off a phone number only.. :p

Oh.. Pre-Congrats on the baby!

whats the site! iw ould pay 1000 times that just to meet one on one, thats all i am asking

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
whats the site! iw ould pay 1000 times that just to meet one on one, thats all i am asking
Dude, it looks like you're looking for trouble. Call AT&T or the police and they'll take care of it? Unless you have something to hide.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Dude, it looks like you're looking for trouble. Call AT&T or the police and they'll take care of it? Unless you have something to hide.

Listen to this advice, it will save you a lot of trouble later on. I know for a fact that wireless carriers CANNOT block individual numbers so I think your best bet is to get a new number.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I would still like to know why at a phone level you cannot block a number. I have never owned a phone that I could do this on and honestly I always wondered why this is not a common (if existent) feature.