Real emergency please help

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I would still like to know why at a phone level you cannot block a number. I have never owned a phone that I could do this on and honestly I always wondered why this is not a common (if existent) feature.

I don't think it is a handset issue, I think the phone carriers do not have the ability to block an individual number.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I would still like to know why at a phone level you cannot block a number. I have never owned a phone that I could do this on and honestly I always wondered why this is not a common (if existent) feature.
I've seen it done. There is third party software for the Treo, for example, that can do that. You can send certain numbers right to voicemail.

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Guys
I need some help, someone keeps pranking my phone non stop, its been three days now and i need some help
I would just shut my phone off but my wife is about to have a baby and I am awaiting her call while in the office or even running to the store, is there a way i can block this number till i find out who it is, and run a bat over every bone in his body.
Also if anyone knows where i can find an address for 347 ***-9682 (not sure if i can post a number on here)
i would really really appreciate it, all i want is an address i don't care about name or age or anything else, i have tried using those reverse cell phone lookups but have had no help

Guys i really appreciate your help
Best Idea Yet.... go ahead and give US the number and we will prank him! all 10,000 of us! yeah hell stop REALLY QUICK!

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
LOL He'd get like 100 calls a hr. Hey.. Im in, I have a nationwide plan, Just don't forget to put *67 in front of the number... Or you could do what i would do... Find a old war dialing software and plug your modem in, and have your computer dial the number endlessly... let it run for a few days. I gaurantee the pranks will stop since he wont be able to use his phone for the next few days because it will be ringing every 20-30 secs...

Joe Diver

Jul 15, 2007
That's too bad...considering you have a wife and a new baby coming...that's real good, do something criminal and jeopardize your financial future, your freedom and gain a criminal record. Smart move.

Just report it and let the authorities handle it. You never know what the real issue is.

I had something similar happen to me several years ago. This guy kept calling my house looking for some chick...sounded drunk and would get really aggressive when I'd tell him he had the wrong number.

Police contacted me several days after I reported it. It was an old man with alzheimers in a home, that was trying to call his wife who had been dead for 8 years. The nursing home contacted me, apologized and assured me they'd deal with it...they did, the calls stopped. An I felt bad for getting mad at this person and the things I wanted to do about it.

Thank you all for help,
but no police involved new baby or not this will be handled the NY way,

I made some progress last night not much, all i found out was this is a T-mobile pre paid phone

emx620

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Guys
I need some help, someone keeps pranking my phone non stop, its been three days now and i need some help
I would just shut my phone off but my wife is about to have a baby and I am awaiting her call while in the office or even running to the store, is there a way i can block this number till i find out who it is, and run a bat over every bone in his body.
Also if anyone knows where i can find an address for 347 ***-9682 (not sure if i can post a number on here)
i would really really appreciate it, all i want is an address i don't care about name or age or anything else, i have tried using those reverse cell phone lookups but have had no help

Guys i really appreciate your help
347 is a new york area code. to find the address, I suggest you try a reverse number lookup.

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
go to www.whitepages.com. click on the "reverse phone" tab. type in the #. it will give you as much info as they have, then to the right there will be a little box saying "get detailed records(name/address) registered to the number. click that and it will take you to a site where you can pay a few bucks and get the address. wear full football gear in case it's a big guy.