Real or Fake: Graphite iPhone 5S images

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by chris, Aug 26, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Images were shared with Sonny Dickson that show a graphite grey iPhone 5S casing. Are we saying these are real or fake?

graphite-gold-iphone-5s.jpg graphite-iphone-5s.jpg

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

If real, would you opt for the graphite? For me, these seem too similar to the slate/black color. They also look kind of dull. Feels like old Apple and not 2013 Apple. Maybe a concept, maybe a fake. Either way, I don't see Apple doubling their color offering, let alone adding a color like graphite.

Now if they went with colors, actual colors, that would be pretty cool.

3. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I just want regular aluminum with black glass to match my macbook. My black iPhone 5 and iPad mini are also chipping like crazy.

Is that too much to ask for?

4. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Damnit Man! Why fiddle with the Black/Slate? Let's not mess with what isn't broken. Unless they have made it so the casing doesn't scratch, why mess around with it?!?!?

I don't like any of these choices. Never into the white iPhone of any iteration. Don't like this gold they have pictures of and that grey color is no bueno.

Oh, I think these are fake by the way. Or at least they better be.

5. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

I disagree guys. Gunmetal. I think I would like that!

Sent using iCafe app

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I wouldn't say it's broken, but it does chip. The black iPhone 5 shows wear more than the white iPhone 5. The shiny aluminum bezel on the white one can scratch, but it's still the same color underneath the scratches so it doesn't stand out. When the black get scratched, it shows the silver underneath and it looks bad. I agree with acosmichippo - a silver and black iPhone 5S would look great and match other Mac products. I wish they would make one, too.

7. teefar

teefar Member
    Bronze

Looks fake to me but Im with that its true. Thats the color I've been wanting on this phone.

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'm surprised nobody here thought of this: http://www.anostyle.com/ these sites will paint your phone any color you want, these leaked photos may be nothing more than these pain jobs

9. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

And for the low low price of $249 to have your iPhone in whatever colors they offer. Mmmmm, PASS

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Agreed. I'm not going to ship my phone off to a company to mod it for $249 AND likely void my warranty.

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Are you kidding?! Lol! This coming from someone that paid over 150 dollars for a bumper :D

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I would not pay that ridiculous price, just like I would not pay for a 175 dollar piece of aluminum bumper.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

And just like you wouldn't pay Apple or anyone else to fix your phone for you - you'd do it yourself.
    Did you bump your head? :D A bumper will not void your warranty.

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I know that :D I was just trying to make a point about pricing, I think the price for the coloring is ridiculous but not undoable for someone that really likes that. I was using the price of some cases as an example. Bump your head.... Bumper! I get it lol!

15. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yeah. I'd never do that. If I want or need to change the color I would just buy a sticker that would make the iPhone 5S any color I wanted. There are companies that make good quality sticker covers that don't leave residue. I'd get one of those.

Personally, I hope that won't be necessary this go around. I think these pics are fake, but in the off chance they will come out with a slate and silver iPhone I will need a sticker.

16. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Are you saying Apple might replace the black iPhone for the graphiite color? I would hope the black color would always be one of their choices.

17. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

This is just a rumor. I think Apple wouldn't replace the current choices with these colors. Instead add the choice of the gold not that other color.

Sent using iCafe app

18. macscac

macscac Member
    Bronze

I am bored with white.. black is too high maintenance... I would go for the gray just for something different.
    but if its fake, I would probably just choose white again like my last 4 phones.

19. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

I love the way the white iPhone looks. I would get the gold colored one if I knew it wasn't going to scratch badly like the black one.

Sent from the baddest smartphone on the planet, my smokin hot iPhone 5 in white!

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It will likely be anodized aluminum that's been dyed, so scratches could show some silver underneath. However, silver under black stands out a lot more than silver under champagne. The colors are similar enough that I don't think it would be very noticeable.