Real time stock quotes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JUZAM66666

Sep 4, 2007
It seems you can only get delayed 20 minutes quotes on the stocks portion of the iPhone? is there anyway to get real time? i have an account with yahoo already that gives me real time quotes on their website i pay $9.99 a month. thanks a lot for any help.

Darkfox

Aug 6, 2007
While I don't have an answer to your question I do have a question of my own now that a stock-related thread exists. I noticed that Microsoft is listed at below 30 whereas Google is well over 500. Now, is that actually dollars per share or is it some sort of point system that my stock-market-ignorance prevents me from understanding?

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
While I don't have an answer to your question I do have a question of my own now that a stock-related thread exists. I noticed that Microsoft is listed at below 30 whereas Google is well over 500. Now, is that actually dollars per share or is it some sort of point system that my stock-market-ignorance prevents me from understanding?
And Apple at around $142/share at the moment;)
So yes, it's "dollars per share".

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC

MSFT market value = 270.7 billion

GOOG market value = 163.9 billion

Darkfox

Aug 6, 2007
Thank you for the responses. I didn't want to take too much attention from the OP but I just couldn't understand how Google's stock was worth over 16-times what Microsoft's was listed as. Despite now knowing that MS has split its stock so many times, it's still rather hard to believe that a single share of Google costs... well almost as much as an iPhone.

RTpics

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Malibu CA
It seems you can only get delayed 20 minutes quotes on the stocks portion of the iPhone? is there anyway to get real time? i have an account with yahoo already that gives me real time quotes on their website i pay $9.99 a month. thanks a lot for any help.
the phone has a full browser "safari" can you not use that.?

TomD

Jul 3, 2008
Google / Microsoft stock prices

The stock price reflects how many shares are outstanding.

Google has issued 314.09 Million shares
Miscrosoft has issued 9.31 Billion shares

You get a much smaller piece of Microsoft.

Dec 31, 2007
Yep, unless you pay for a service you are pretty much stuck with the delay. I use Fidelity just check my stocks from there.

Trash