Real wallpaper?

Dec 8, 2008
N
Is there an explanation of why we cant have a real wallpaper background, not after you lock the screen, but right behind the icons? I just wanna know...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Because even that seemingly harmless level of 'system access' is forbidden by Apple.

Or you could say ...

because Apple Says So

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Man. Please don't turn this into another *****ing thread about what features are lacking. There are plenty of other threads about that.

Skol - The bottom line IS because Apple said so. I've jailbroken for this feature alone, and now I'm back to stock. I've jailbroken every firmware, and I always end up going back to stock. Go figure, right? :)

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
my theme is not all the complex, and probably not all that cool. but i like the fact that i can just do it, and that is why i do it, so that i can control it

Dec 8, 2008
N
Lol

Man. Please don't turn this into another *****ing thread about what features are lacking. There are plenty of other threads about that.

Skol - The bottom line IS because Apple said so. I've jailbroken for this feature alone, and now I'm back to stock. I've jailbroken every firmware, and I always end up going back to stock. Go figure, right? :)

Why is that? Because of lag? Thats why i came back to stock

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Why is that? Because of lag? Thats why i came back to stock
That seems to be a big reason why most return to stock.
No, actually. Just boredom. Lag wasn't an issue for me on 2.2. I found myself not changing my theme at all. Since I wasn't using it, I figured I didn't need it.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Problem is i was curious why Apple was gay and not include it... If u read the first post, says i "just wanna know why" ?