Really? Already?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Sharunda, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5.html

These guys are my go-to screen protector source. I love their products. I saw this last week. The rumors and renderings are not official and a lot of us are hoping that they aren't true, some of us don't care, and others are just waiting to see what Apple comes up with. However, when you see a reputable company doing this it makes me wonder.

Of course this doesn't mean that the renderings are the true next iPhone, maybe they are close. Apparently they are close enough for my favorite company to post them as the next iPhone and have the screen protectors ready to pre-order. Just getting a leg up on the comeptition I suppose.

Has anyone else come across companies putting out acessories for the next iPhone sight unseen using the renderings?

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

iPhone5-Landing-BACKGROUND1.jpg

Tried to get the page but this is all that came through. Click on the link in the first post and check it out.

3. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

It's a pre order. They don't care how the phone looks. They just know if you order it now, you end up buying from them. IMO this gives no more or less of a chance that the phone ends up like this. I still don't understand why everyone every year gets all worked up

4. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Hey chazm how R U? I know what you mean. I don't mind getting my pre-order in with my favorite screen protector company. I just put the thread up as an example of what's happening out there because of those renderings. EVERYONE gets worked up. Some more than others. It's exciting and creates a buzz. Apple never has to worry about being out of mind. People will always have them in mind around the launch time of the year, fake renderings or not.

I'm mainly excited to see what Apple has cooked up for us. What the new IOS will be like and if there will be true 4G, larger HD like 128Gig and other internals that will make the iPhone #1 yet again.

For me it's an exciting time. New iPhone What?!?!? :eek::D:ROFLMAO: I'm sure for other people it is too. (Maybe not too many of them:unsure:) It's almost like Christmas in July, June, October and now possibly September.

Have you seen other companies out there putting their merchandise for the new iPhone preorders out already?

5. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

I haven't really looked anywhere at all. You must have movies on your phone to need 128Gigs! Thats crazy lol. I've actually only owned 16gb or less.

As far as what the phone will look like, maybe I'm just an old man....32 :eek: and Xmas really doesn't excite me....speculating on what the new phone will look like kind of does but some on here get too worked up over it.

I can understand why a company would go ahead and do pre orders for a screen protector because they are easy to make and they know once the phone design is confirmed they can start production. Cases on the other hand are a little more difficult and they would have to show you the design online before you would buy it, unlike the screen protector

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Oh Man! Have Movies on my iPhone, Do I ever! :rolleyes: LOL! I have my season passes of favorite shows on my iPhone and now my iPad too. I need them for long commutes sometimes. Out of 64G I have 17G available right now on my iPhone 4S. I also take lots of photos and videos so I need lots of storage. I think I do need to purge my iPhone of games and other things I'm not using though. My iPhone is a big part of my life and I have so much on it that I use and don't use. It's great for entertainment when I'm bored. I really pack stuff on there. I guess 128G is a lot to ask for. :unsure: Instead, I should probably control myself. LOL!:p

You are not an old man! LOL! Xmas doesn't excite a lot of people. The speculation on what the new iPhone will look like can be a little disconcerting but just the anticipation of the phone coming out is so exciting to me. I know I'm getting a new electronic device. It's awesome. Apple has spoiled me. I tire of the old technology in a years’ time and now expect a new one every year. :rolleyes: That is spoiled. When I was with Verizon I didn't even care. When my contract was up I barely even realized it. The phones sucked though so I never cared unless something awesome was coming out and it never really did until the iPhone in 07. I jumped ship in 08 to AT&T and will never look back.

Yeah, I understand why the screen proectors would be easier to get preorders for. Cases on the other hand, its not so easy. I do expect to have to go naked for a little while until the cases I want are available. I'm looking at you Incase. :cautious: I'm sure I can get some knock offs from ebay, but I don't want to do that this go around I had a few crappy cases from ebay when the iPhone came out and no manufacturer had a thing available. Maybe Apple will create a case for the new iPhone this go around. I'll get that to tide me over until I get the ones I really want.

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

just like last year TEARDROP design

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yeah, Case-Mate had cases made for that design. LOL! That was a load. Maybe that would be this years design. Who knows. LOL! I just want the keynote date to be validated so I can get my popcorn and watch the show. Then watch as the cases become available for preorder.

9. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

I would be very surprised if Apple doesn't have a case available on launch day for the new iPhone.

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I would too. They did the bumper for a reason, hopefully they see the profit in offering a case option with the purchase of this new iPhone. That would ROCK! AWW YEAH!

11. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

You don't mean free right? That would never happen again....only before because of a flaw on their part

12. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Oh No No No No! :eek: They would never give them away unless there was a major problem like with the dreaded Antenna Gate! I'd gladly pay for my case. Just give me something! LOL! I don't like a naked iPhone in the wild. People are crazy. Phones are vulnerable in the wild, especially in the bathroom, those floors are unforgiving to the iPhone.

13. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Alrighty then. ;) It's time to pre-order my screen protector! The 12th is around the corner and the pre-order date of the 21st, (it better be the 21st, no sooner!:cautious: ) is close. I want to be ready, SGP here comes my order!