Really angry at AT&T

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
AT&T has gotten so god awful in this area, I wonder why we even pay for Internet. During the day, Internet doesn't even work or is at about 0.05mbps tops. But, at midnight I can get around 5mbps or above.

Clearly needs more capacity! How do I get them to address the issue? I've submitted many mark the spots.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You could call them and request a credit. Not sure if it will work, but it can't hurt. Do you know what speeds Verizon has in your area? Try to do 'Mark the spot' every day or two for a while. Also, send them feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I don't know what area you're in or what options you have, but I can tell you that AT&T has been terrible as an internet provider here in Austin for many years and Time Warner Cable have always been far better.

And I'm saying that as a home user and also as someone who did IT consulting for small and medium businessses here for years. So I saw lots of dissatisfied AT&T users and lots of happy TWC users.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I don't know what area you're in or what options you have, but I can tell you that AT&T has been terrible as an internet provider here in Austin for many years and Time Warner Cable have always been far better.

And I'm saying that as a home user and also as someone who did IT consulting for small and medium businessses here for years. So I saw lots of dissatisfied AT&T users and lots of happy TWC users.
Says the guy with Google Fiber coming to town (and AT&T Fiber).;)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
^^^ Lol. True. That will be great to see next year, especially for those of us who work at home. I won't even look at what AT&T offers but I'll see if TWC does anything to up their game before running straight to Google Fiber.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com

I'm in Illinois, at least your in a pretty big city. We live in a pretty small town so AT&T touches us about every 10 years. We have HSPA+, but what's the purpose if there's no backhaul.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
It seems to me that half the posters are talking about cellular data, and the other half are talking about ISPs. Just saying'

Sent Using iCafe App

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Im speaking about cellular, not a wired connection. :)

@NapoleonPhoneApart - Yes, I am. :) I was maybe off on when they upgrade cellular radios (that's been about 5) but they probably haven't added bandwidth in a long time.

I wish Verizon FiOS was in my area. The only places in town that have fiber is the school, and our central offices for our ISP's.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Fixed the image for you.

Probably not the best when it says, 'Slower than 96% of US' :p

Attachments

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Oh please don't - that'd make me feel really old since I remember them well. I'd probably not feel young again until Napoleon adds a comment and I remember nobody's as old as him. :)
Not that I'm the oldest person here, but to make you feel better, I remember when we kids and our mother would dictate letters to our grandmother in England (this was in the 60s and we lived in Ohio) on a little reel-to-reel recorder with a lapel microphone. It was similar to this:

vintage-electro-brand-reel-to-reel-tape-player-new-in-box-blk-wht.jpg

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Not that I'm the oldest person here, but to make you feel better, I remember when we kids and our mother would dictate letters to our grandmother in England (this was in the 60s and we lived in Ohio) on a little reel-to-reel recorder with a lapel microphone. It was similar to this:

View attachment 29034
I fixed that image for you ;)
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1366578699.801148.jpg