Really old e-mails after restore....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I've had to restore my iPhone a couple of times due to various reasons. When I do and I check my e-mail it unleashes like 400 e-mails! Most of them over a month old. Is there any way to only get recent e-mails?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
If this is a gmail account then while the restore is going on go to gmail on your computer. Click settings, click pop and forwarding. Change pop to 'all messages from now on"

You will probably see your previous pop setting has a date. Every time you restore it is going to go back and fetch the mails from that date.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
If this is a gmail account then while the restore is going on go to gmail on your computer. Click settings, click pop and forwarding. Change pop to 'all messages from now on"

You will probably see your previous pop setting has a date. Every time you restore it is going to go back and fetch the mails from that date.
Excuse my ignorance but what is considered a "gmail account" The account I have linked to my iPhone is my ISP account and I use Mac Mail. Where would these settings be? Thanks in advance!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Excuse my ignorance but what is considered a "gmail account" The account I have linked to my iPhone is my ISP account and I use Mac Mail. Where would these settings be? Thanks in advance!
I would assume this is a POP3 account. If so those email messages are still on the ISP's server, and the iphone--newly restored--doesn't know that it had downloaded them before (since email is not backed up and restored).

But what I wanna know is, how are you getting 400 emails to show via POP3 at all?! I can only get 200 max.

--
Mike

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I would assume this is a POP3 account. If so those email messages are still on the ISP's server, and the iphone--newly restored--doesn't know that it had downloaded them before (since email is not backed up and restored).

But what I wanna know is, how are you getting 400 emails to show via POP3 at all?! I can only get 200 max.

--
Mike
It will only load 200 at a time, but will show that there are 4xx waiting to load. Is there a way to get them off the ISP's server then?

By the way Tinman, has anyone ever said you look like the guy that plays Marshall on the show "How I Met Your Mother"?