REALLY slow browsing in West Palm Beach

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

scoop113

Oct 23, 2007
Hi all,

I'm experiencing some ridiculously slow EDGE browsing. At the moment I'm trying to download Yahoo and it's at 5 minutes and counting with nothing yet on the screen. :(Similar results for other sites. I'm in the West Palm Beach, Florida, area, where I work. I haven't noticed the problem in my home area of Stuart, Florida. Anyone else in WPB having similar results? Anyone know what's going on? Is there just really heavy traffic?

Thanks for any input.

Mike

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
If you look at the rear of your iPhone, you will see that black strip (part of the rear cover). Don't cover it with your hand, as that is where the antenna is. Silly place to put it, but that is where it is.

Sometimes leaving that area untouched actually speeds up EDGE speeds.

You'd think they would have placed the antenna at the top of the phone, but nope.

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some ridiculously slow EDGE browsing. At the moment I'm trying to download Yahoo and it's at 5 minutes and counting with nothing yet on the screen. :(Similar results for other sites. I'm in the West Palm Beach, Florida, area, where I work. I haven't noticed the problem in my home area of Stuart, Florida. Anyone else in WPB having similar results? Anyone know what's going on? Is there just really heavy traffic?

Thanks for any input.

Mike

scoop113

Oct 23, 2007
If you look at the rear of your iPhone, you will see that black strip (part of the rear cover). Don't cover it with your hand, as that is where the antenna is. Silly place to put it, but that is where it is.

Sometimes leaving that area untouched actually speeds up EDGE speeds.

You'd think they would have placed the antenna at the top of the phone, but nope.
Yep. Familiar with that.

BTW, 10 minutes later and still downloading Yahoo. Maybe I need to talk to AT&T about their coverage.

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Yep. Familiar with that.

BTW, 10 minutes later and still downloading Yahoo. Maybe I need to talk to AT&T about their coverage.

Something that I do when I recognize sloooooow loading time is to clear all history and caches is the safari settings. Most of the time it works unless I have a lousy signal

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Something that I do when I recognize sloooooow loading time is to clear all history and caches is the safari settings. Most of the time it works unless I have a lousy signal
i thought this would actually help it go faster? or is that just the cookies?

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
i thought this would actually help it go faster? or is that just the cookies?

I may be wrong but everytime my browser on my PC is sloow I remove all history and loosens up a bit. Since the iPhone is a small computer it should have similar settings