Really unimpressed

Jan 14, 2008
I got my iPhone in Dec 07. Not long after it was launched in the uk. I have to admit i didn't do that much research, i wish I had. I guess I believed too much hype.

I really miss MMS, Blue tooth OBEX, forwarding messages, cut n paste. I was hopeful todays update might have made it better but it didn't.

I don't think I'll be buying another Apple product. I really don't like the term "jailbreak" and the thought of being locked in.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
sorry you feel that way. Give it a little more time. Good things take more time.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
There are many that feel this way. I've already set money aside for iPhone 2. But if it doesn't come with C&P and more bluetooth options I won't buy it.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
yeah, the way i see it, the iPhone is an evolutionary device, meaning that it keeps getting better over time. and quite possibly with enough time, might actually become the "perfect device" its being hyped up to be. and imho, i think that this way is more exciting to have it b/c youd proabably get tired of it more quickly if it was just a regular device and every update brings something new to it.:)

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
i miss mms makes me laugh. If you really want to use mms use a webapp called pktpix.com it works and lets you send pictures to people with "weak" phones. Bluetooth file transfer would be nice and will probably be in the works with the SDK. Same with the other two issues. As far as jailbreaking goes, when the SDK comes out there won't be as many people jailbreaking, because jailbreaking is for a certain breed. That breed is people who want to push the envelope and see what this platform is capable of.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
as far as mms. Pkt is good if you want to send a picture. Receiving is another thing. I HATE going to viewmymessage.com which usually doesn't load then putting in some obnoxious code and password...without copy paste. The iPhone needs mms. Real mms. And badly. Some of the most basic free phones have this. But the most technologically advanced phone on the market doesn't. Its very frustrating and I just don't get why its not there.

Last edited by a moderator:

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
as far as mms. Pkt is good if you want to send a picture. Receiving is another thing. I HATE going to viewmymessage.com which usually doesn't load then putting in some obnoxious code and password...without copy paste. The iPhone needs mms. Real mms. And badly. Some of the most basic free phones have this. But the most technologically advanced phone on the market doesn't. Its very frustrating and I just don't get why its not there.
exactly. The only thing that kind of bugs me is not being able to receive pic messages from my friends. I can always email my pics to them but I need to their pics to my phone. Sure, email is better and more practical like Apple says but they fail in the fact that they expect everyone else,(non Apple iPhone users), to live by this law. ALL DAY LONG my numb nut friends are shhoting me pics while at work and what not and its a huge ordeal for me to access these photos. Certainly when one or two come in sucession.... Third party apps SUCK because that means I have to go around and give out some stupid new number to all thesenpeople. Apple fails here.

Last edited by a moderator:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
exactly. The only thing that kind of bugs me is not being able to receive pic messages from my friends. I can always email my pics to them but I need to their pics to my phone. Sure, email is better and more practical like Apple says but they fail in the fact that they expect everyone else,(non Apple iPhone users), to live by this law. ALL DAY LONG my numb nut friends are shhoting me pics while at work and what not and its a huge ordeal for me to access these photos. Certainly when one or two come in sucession.... Third party apps SUCK because that means I have to go around and give out some stupid new number to all thesenpeople. Apple fails here.
Not being able to rcve MMS is a PIA. I agree there. But I still love the iPhone.

OJ, are you typing on the iPhone or typing while drinking?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I got my iPhone in Dec 07. Not long after it was launched in the uk. I have to admit i didn't do that much research, i wish I had. I guess I believed too much hype.

I really miss MMS, Blue tooth OBEX, forwarding messages, cut n paste. I was hopeful todays update might have made it better but it didn't.

I don't think I'll be buying another Apple product. I really don't like the term "jailbreak" and the thought of being locked in.
i have a friend that feels the same way that you do, and while i am in love with my jailbroken 1.1.3 he gets sick at the idea. i say to each his own. i do believe in the iPhone and Apple but it takes time to make magic happen. i hope whatever phone you decide to use, you will love it as much as i love mine.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Funny how everyone talks about wanting cut and paste but seriously, how are you planning to select the text then cut it and then paste it.... seriously. It can probably be possible but after you get I bet you you won't even use it that much. Geez

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Not being able to rcve MMS is a PIA. I agree there. But I still love the iPhone.

OJ, are you typing on the iPhone or typing while drinking?

Yes, Mam, I'm on my iPhone. This post should be flawless, however, now that you've made me aware of my Natural Lite(s).

Aug 16, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
i'm still not understanding how people are mad at the cut and paste option. the iPhone is one of the best phones that i've had and will continue to get better. mms i will say sucks right now, but I'm not going to dislike the iPhone over mms and cut and paste. to each their own, the good out weighs the little negative for me

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
Yeah boo hoo. I don't feel sorry for you OP, your fault you dropped the money without researching, not ours. Not buying another Apple product? Had you bought one before that you can complain about? Anyone else sick of people coming here and just complaining, looking for remorse?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Yeah boo hoo. I don't feel sorry for you OP, your fault you dropped the money without researching, not ours. Not buying another Apple product? Had you bought one before that you can complain about? Anyone else sick of people coming here and just complaining, looking for remorse?
I totally agree with your hard line.

It would just be NICE to receive pictures via mms. That's all. I love this phone. Hell, it would be NICE if my wife lost 15lbs, too. I just KNOW better than to bring that up.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It would just be NICE to receive pictures via mms. That's all. I love this phone. Hell, it would be NICE if my wife lost 15lbs, too. I just KNOW better than to bring that up.
lol

she does NOT know you say such things online, does she...

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I totally agree with your hard line.

LMAO That is classic lol

fl0w

Feb 10, 2008
Funny how everyone talks about wanting cut and paste but seriously, how are you planning to select the text then cut it and then paste it.... seriously. It can probably be possible but after you get I bet you you won't even use it that much. Geez
Apple recently put a patent out on new multitouch gestures, since now the Air and the new MBP have multitouch like trackpads. This will open up many possibilities for those pads, and hopefully bring about huge changes on how we input to iPhone.

Seems like pinching in with 3 fingers will cut, and pinching out with 3 will paste. The tech for this is already in current iPhones, it just simply needs to be coded in.

more info at MacRumors:
http://www.macrumors.com/2008/02/19...ltitouch-gesturing-control-panel-in-mac-os-x/

Vultren

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Seriously, theres ways around the problems that the iPhone has. Not only is this the best phone ever made, but it sets standards for other phones. Its just the way Apple works. If I was to ever buy another phone, i'd be very disappointed. Mainly because so many features the iPhone has, the other doesn't. So stop crying, you bought a 400 dollar phone that can do more than any other phone ever made, and your complaining that it cant do everything you want... come on thats worse than crappy effects on Power Rangers.

Not only does Apple listen to people by updating their products with what are asked, but they do it quickly and done well.

Your picture messaging will come, the phone has the technology. Its just a matter of long codes that have to be written before its launched. Same with video capture and games.

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
MMS... yes, a lot of more basic phones have this. That is what makes them basic.
MMS is stone age compared to iPhone's email. Why complain here because everyone else uses under developed phones? Get your friends to upgrade to decent phones! That's what friends are for.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
I moved over to the iPhone after 3 years of Treos (and 7 years of Palms prior to that). The device is stable and fast. Two things that Palm forgot about in the post 650 Treos.

But a lot of the ease of use (the zen of Palm) is missing for day to day needs. I get annoyed at how many strokes it takes to go from one mail account to another. I'm starting to miss the hard buttons that would take me directly to an application. I can't believe there is no built in Task/To Do list. And mostly, why the heck can't this thing sync wirelessly via .mac?

But, these are the early days of the iPhone and the SDK will result in the release of a ton of great enhancements.

Would I ever go back to the Treo? Unlikely. As a convergence device the iPhone kicks butt.