Really WEIRD thing going on with my iPhone

Jul 11, 2008
Hi,
I've been using my iPhone 1st gen. for about a year now on T-Mobile with no problems until 2 days ago when a really weird thing started happening. Anytime someone calls me, and if I don't get the phone, instead of getting a missed call and voicemail notification, I get a text message with an ! in it and that's it. So I don't even realize if I have any voicemails because the indicator doesn't work. And, if I go into my voicemail, the same weird text message shows up.

Does anyone know anything about this? Its driving me nuts! I have to constantly check voicemail just in case I have any. Called T-mobile and they said they are aware of the problem, but not all iPhone users are having it, it may be some type of software you have on the phone but they don't know which.

PLEASE, if anyone knows anything about this and how to fix, please let me know!

Thanks,

Laina

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Have you befriended any mimes lately?

/horrible joke

Jul 11, 2008
Thanks, but actually did some researching and a restore won't help. Apparently T-mobile updated some of their software and whatever they did affected iPhone users on their network. They are working to resolve the issue, so if this happened to anyone else, you know what's going on. Keep calling T-mobile so they really do work on a fix.

Laina

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Hey actually I do know what your talking abou!:laugh2:
-Like I also have an iPhone under tmobile and when I go to check my voicemail it will give me a text message of nothing and the the little red circle will stay by the phone app.

what fixed it for me was just rebooting the phone and it disappeared :)

Jul 11, 2008
Well, make sure you keep checking your voicemail, because according to T-Mobile, any time you get that text message, that is your voicemail indicator until they fix the software bug. You won't get a red dot anymore or a voicemail alert on your phone. And then after you check your voicemail, you another one of those messages, it is so annoying, but the only thing they said they can do right now is turn off your voicemail alert completely, and you won't get the weird texts, but you'll never know if you have a voicemail either.

I am going to keep calling them every couple of days to get a status on their progress. If I hear anything new, I'll post it.

Thanks,

Laina

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Well eventhough these fixes would be nice and all we cant ask for much if not anything since we are using a phone that was strictly meant to be used on AT&T I doubt and wouldn't blame Tmobile for not trying to get a fix/patch out;)
-We came to their network through jailbreaking not them came to us through a deal heh

Jul 11, 2008
True, but also they should help us because there are a lot of T-Mobile customers who wanted an iPhone, but wanted to stay with T-Mobile, so that's why we have jailbroken/unlocked phones. They should realize we are loyal to them, instead of going with AT&T for the iPhone. I actually mentioned that when I called customer service, and the rep agreed and thanked me for staying with T-Mobile.

So, hopefully for that reason, they will work on a fix.

Thanks,

Laina

panzeriti

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
Just switch to AT&T... I heart them!

Jul 11, 2008
The problem with the weird text messages and voicemail has been fixed by T-Mobile! I tested my voicemail a couple of times and it is working fine, no text messages and the red ball indicator is working.

YEAH T-Mobile, they really listen to their customers!

Laina