Reasons For Not Installing 1.1.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

haub

Oct 2, 2007
I've been lurking around various sites and noticed that a few of the 3rd party apps are not working on 1.1.1. Are there any other reasons not to install 1.1.1 and stay with 1.0.2?

Will Summerboard work with 1.1.1? I thought I read somewhere that 1.1.1 supports additional icons on the home screen natively by Apple. Is there another way to change the icons and wallpaper on the homescreen without using Summerboard?

Disclaimer: I have a locked AT&T phone so the unlocking is not an issue for me with upgrading.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I've been lurking around various sites and noticed that a few of the 3rd party apps are not working on 1.1.1. Are there any other reasons not to install 1.1.1 and stay with 1.0.2?

Will Summerboard work with 1.1.1? I thought I read somewhere that 1.1.1 supports additional icons on the home screen natively by Apple. Is there another way to change the icons and wallpaper on the homescreen without using Summerboard?

Disclaimer: I have a locked AT&T phone so the unlocking is not an issue for me with upgrading.
Let's see... I think a couple of weeks ago you would not have wanted to upgrade but as you yesterday I think you can get all Jailbroken by going to a website after your 1.1.1 update and it seems as if lots of people are reporting good results. You'll have to research it yourself here, but I think I'm real close to trying....I'm currently modded to the gills with 20 or so apps and ringtones and sounds and blah blah blah..

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
yes .. i've jailbroke from 1.1.1 through the website technique ... its incredible how easy it is ... and the iPhone is working great ... (knock on wood)

kuhne

Oct 27, 2007
I jailbroke/activated and got my 1.1.1 phone working with a long complex guide that included hacking and using different programs.

whats this "website technique" for unlocking it?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I jailbroke/activated and got my 1.1.1 phone working with a long complex guide that included hacking and using different programs.

whats this "website technique" for unlocking it?
There are two, I think, one is to use Safari on the phone and go to jailbreakme.com and click the option to jailbreak. That is the method I used and less than 5 minutes later the phone restarted and I had installer on my phone and was ready to install my software.