reasons for rejailbreaking?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I posted this thread to see what all kinds of problems have resulted in people having to rejailbreak there phone.

i personally had to rejailbreak yesterday after i tried to install guitar hero and it bricked my phone. Also, about three days ago i had to rejailbreak because i tried to install an aquarium app, and it bricked my phone. im not trying to say these are faulty apps but it makes me wonder if anyone eles has had any similar problems installing applications?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
umm ive had to twice one because it got stuck on the Apple screen flashing on and off second time screen wouldn't work

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I think that's the biggest reason that I haven't tried to jailbreak my phone yet. I keep reading about how easy it is to jailbreak but then I read tons of posts on how everything gets messed up due to jailbreaking. If I could jailbreak and not have to worry about my phone freezing up, flashing, or basically crapping out on me, I would do it in a heart beat. I just don't want to take the chance of throwing away perfectly good money and then having a phone that won't work. I rely on my phone too much to treat it like a toy.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I think that's the biggest reason that I haven't tried to jailbreak my phone yet. I keep reading about how easy it is to jailbreak but then I read tons of posts on how everything gets messed up due to jailbreaking. If I could jailbreak and not have to worry about my phone freezing up, flashing, or basically crapping out on me, I would do it in a heart beat. I just don't want to take the chance of throwing away perfectly good money and then having a phone that won't work. I rely on my phone too much to treat it like a toy.
i definatly understand your concern. in the beginning with 1.1.1 i was very worried about the same things but ive lerned over time that there isn't anything that i cant fix basically. not to sound concieded. ive just never ran into a problem that couldnt be resolved.

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
maybe a stupid question but what does the term "bricked" mean when talking in terms of the iPhone?

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
BTW I re-jailbroke my phone twice already the second time was because I could not uninstall an app through Installer 3.0

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
maybe a stupid question but what does the term "bricked" mean when talking in terms of the iPhone?
It means that you have turned your iPhone into a brick. In other words, it's useless as a phone... probably still good to throw at people though.

blurm

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
I had to restore my phone one time in the course of 8 months. My memory was being taken up by the "Other Memory" category. Unexplainable? I have installed and un-installed heaps of apps and haven't ran into one that actually bricked the phone, and have abused the file management on the thing incredibly and have found that it's more durable than any mobile phone that I have used. I have used NOKIAs, HTCs, Motorolas and absolutely love this phone in terms of durability and functionality, nothing out there can touch it as far as I'm concerned. And for me if you brick it, well that gives you the oppourtunity to learn how to unbrick it, that's all part of the fun!