Reboot resets to default sounds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jadmorffier, Jun 14, 2012.

1. jadmorffier

jadmorffier Member
    Bronze

I've done some research but not found a fix for this so far but does anyone here have this happen when they reset their iPhone;

Hold down home and lock buttons together till you see the Apple logo. Once iPhone reboots some settings revert back to default. I usually lose customized ringtones and SMS tones. This is very annoying as I have a specific SMS tone for a lot of my contacts.

It doesn't revert to default every time I do the reset thing. It seems random. Anyone notice this as well?

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

2. laughjimbo

laughjimbo Member
    Bronze

I used to get this happen mostly on my iPhone 4 but since i have had my 4S I have not noticed it happening. I am not sure if it was with the phone or the ios software. I have just tried a reset a couple of times on my 4S and it has not reset the sound to default. The other thing that i used to notice was that my battery percentage used to disappear after a reset, this also does not happen anymore.
    HTH

Laughjimbo

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

iOS 5 was supposed to fix the problem.

I had this problem but haven't since ios5. I do hard resets daily

4. laughjimbo

laughjimbo Member
    Bronze

I have to admit that since ios5 i have not noticed it. My wife has my old iPhone 4 and i have just tested hers several times and it has not reset the sound settings or the battery percentage.

Laughjimbo

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

The battery percentage shouldn't reset but your usage statistics will until the next full (90% or greater) charge