Rebooting frozen iPhone without lock button?

Xanthous

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
St. Louis, Missouri
The lock button no longer works
iPhone is jailbroken on 3.1.2
iPhone is frozen

Waiting for the battery to die could take days, is there anyway to reboot the iPhone w/ software etc.?

Thanks, Justin.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I can't think of anything. If the phone is frozen and the sleep button is broken... I hate to say it, but you might be looking at a future dead phone.

Xanthous

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
St. Louis, Missouri
This phone has been through hell, and literally its been through everything and held up 3x past my expectations. I just wish it could hold out for a few months until I get the iPhone 5.

I've heard I might be able to ssh the phone or let the battery die to restart it. I guess we'll see.

tiestri

Aug 8, 2011
This happened to my iPhone a few days ago. I tried to press the lock button for 8 seconds (I read a recommendation when I did some googling). Didn't worked.
Finally I tried to press the lock & home button at the same time. Couldn't really remember how many times I pressed it, but suddenly it's Off/On again! 

The battery was still full when it was frozen. Hope it works too for you!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
This happened to my iPhone a few days ago. I tried to press the lock button for 8 seconds (I read a recommendation when I did some googling). Didn't worked.
Finally I tried to press the lock & home button at the same time. Couldn't really remember how many times I pressed it, but suddenly it's Off/On again! 

The battery was still full when it was frozen. Hope it works too for you!
You missed the part where his sleep (lock) button doesn't work.
Holding down the Home and sleep button is called a hard reset. You Hold them till the Silver Apple logo appears and then release.

phlothario

Mar 9, 2011
Since your phone is already jb'ed, install activator and choose one of the short cuts and assign it to reboot your phone. Ex. Use shake the phone and assign reboot.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Too bad the phone is frozen. No way to install anything on it easily or I would suggest SBsettings. There is a power switch that gives you a few options.
ImageUploadedByiCafe1312895962.946342.jpg

Sent from my iPhone