Rebooting the iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Rawkstahr, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Rawkstahr

Rawkstahr New Member

I was wondering if any one knew how to reboot the iPhone? Like I know how to turn it off and turn it back on, but that does not kill all apps and turn it back on as of the battery was taken out. Everytime I turn it off and turn it back on and I hit the home key twice to see which apps are running. The apps that was run ing before I turned it off then on is still running. I want to kill all apps because my facebook app for instance is showing that I have 2 unread notifications but when I go to it, it says. O new notifications. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no avail, so I feel restarting the phone may fix the problem.

Thanks and any assistance is greatly appreciated.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Rebooting does kill them. They still appear in the Task Switcher, but you'll notice that fully restart when you open them after a reboot.

There is a jailbreak app that shows which ones are running or frozen and which are completely closed. The closed ones are subdued. It would be nice if Apple would implement this because I think a lot of iPhone owners assume they are all running.

3. Rawkstahr

Rawkstahr New Member

So I just recently got this iPhone 4s, should I jailbreak it? It seems like everyone that I talk has their phone jailbroken. What kind of benefits do you get from jail breaking an iPhone?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The 4S jailbreak is not available yet.

#4 Europa, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  5. Willsrx

Willsrx Member
    Bronze

Reboot:

Hold power and home until screen goes completely off and then Apple logo lights up.

Alternatively you can close your apps running in the switcher by holding the icon until it jiggles then press red minus.