receive but not send pictures

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
i can receive MMS on my iPhone 3G but i cant send them.... idk why. i tried by email me a pic to [phone number]@mms.att.net with a picture attached and i received it like a normal MMS but i cant send them....

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Also i had my friend MMS me a pic and i got it too... still cant send

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I'm in the same boat, and curiously enough I'm a beta tester under you!

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
haha ya im not sure why tho?
If you are receiving them you should be able to send them. You could put the sim in another phone and if it is sending and receiving then theres something with the phone. As long as you are getting them one way you have the new ipcc, just make sure under settings> general> network> cellular data network all those settings are correct.
If all your settings are correct, try sending from different places, for example actually go to pictures, go to a picture, then press the button in the lower left hand corner> mms, then choose who to send to and send. Plus don't forget about audio messaging, you can try that too just to see if it will allow you to send. To audio message use the new voice memos app, record something then "share it".

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
I don't have the option "cellular data network" I am on the original ipcc

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I don't have the option "cellular data network" I am on the original ipcc
So were you ever able to send them? Maybe your account was accidentally mms provisioned, a few weeks ago on 2.2.1 I was not getting the viewmymessage sms, they had to have an AT&T engineer look at it who did fix it. I am wondering if I was accidentally provisioned to receive the mms's but at that point the os didn't support it. This could have happened to you but it just happened at a more convenient time than mine. Could just be a bug on their end that is working in your favor.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
I was able to send them for about 5 min then it quit working and now I can receive but not send.

Last edited by a moderator:

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I was able to send them for about 5 min then it quit working and now I can receive but not send
Hmmm weird. Only thing I could think of would be to install the ipcc, but since half of it is working I'd play it safe and not update. You could try resets or toggling airplane mode, but probably won't have much luck there. If you can't get it working look on the bright side, at least you're getting something.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Yup. I tried to take out my sim and put it in another phone and it wouldn't send the mms so I'm guessing it's something on AT&T side

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Yup. I tried to take out my sim and put it in another phone and it wouldn't send the mms so I'm guessing it's something on AT&T side
You could call them and try to get it provisioned correctly, but that seems unlikely now since they got a memo telling them not to do so. By calling them you might open their eyes to whatever is allowing it on your phone and it might get undone. If you have the iPhone sms plan you could change it to a regular plan online and see if that works.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
I have the family messaging unlimited. Not an iPhone messaging plan.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I have the family messaging unlimited. Not an iPhone messaging plan.
You probably already saw/tried this but it's a little more than just putting your sim in another phone

And the link to the medianet site http://mymedianet.wireless.att.com/
The media net site will send a text with a 4 digit code, it will need to be entered on the website to access it. This is another way to confuse them into allowing mms.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
mymedianet? What does that have to do with MMS? I thought that was just the "internet" that ATT uses.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
mymedianet? What does that have to do with MMS? I thought that was just the "internet" that ATT uses.
That's a good question. But as far as I can tell it probably confuses their system into thinking you have a typical AT&T phone since the iPhone has the safari browser not the medianet one. Also before you enter your # on that site you have to have the sim in a medianet capable phone(probably every AT&T phone other than iPhone) for it to allow you to continue. Enter your number, then the 4 digit code sent to you by text, and play around a little. Oh and the other thing was that AT&T told me before that you need medianet(whether they meant browser or plan) to have mms.

koolhand79

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
KILLA CALI
the medianet method worked for me. i am actually shocked this worked. it seems it changed the model phone the system thought i had. so i was able to change my messaging plan to a regular one. i actually never sent an mm with the mms capable phone but when i put my sim back in the iPhone mms was working.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
although i could send an MMS from the old MMS phone it worked just fine

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Have you updated the ipcc file? I don't think the stock 3.0 beta has the proper settings to send MMS.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
yes i did that. no luck. ill just wait till its fixed for real, i can still get them tho so ya