Received a call from BB to set up an appointment.

Bluestar79

Jun 17, 2010
Texas
So I just went up to the best buy where i pre-ordered a phone and they guy couldn't even tell me what number I was because they haven't ranked the orders yet. I am sure this was a complete blow-off move since people are now getting calls in other locations. Either way it looks like I will be left out in the cold and will probably be getting my phone next week at the earliest. Grrrrrrrrr.

ibrencent

Bronze
Oct 25, 2008
Palm Harbor, FL
Well I just drove down to my bb cause I couldn't get them on the phone. I talked to the guy that took my pre order and he said he just got done with the first phone call. I asked where I was on the list and he said fifth and looked over at a box and said you should be good. He then offered to just make the appointment since I was there and pulled out the phone I'll be receiving and said this will be yours don't you wish you could just get it right now. I laughed and said yeah this whole thing is ridiculous. He went forward and wrote down my information on his appointment log and said since I pre ordered a white one and they aren't getting them for launch day to keep my pre order sheet and when they get the white ones in I can return my black one and get the white one. How helpful was that:). Btw he said they received 20 phones already and are supposed to get in 50 of them by Thursday and that he had more than 50 pre orders.

besweeet

Contributor
Silver
Jun 7, 2009
San Antonio, TX
briansweet.me
i preordered mines in the store june 15th. they set my appt right there. I was second on the preorder list for a white 32gb

i called them today, and they said everything is a GO. i said can i come in first thing in the morning even though my appt is @ 3pm? they said sure!
Best Buy has the worst communication ever. For the general public to know more about this stuff than their employee's is just hilarious.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
Stopped by my Best Buy today.. she showed me the list, and I was #2 on the 32GB Black one! She said I should have no issue getting it Thursday.

And then I went and bought a 64gb 3G iPad :)

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Reviving for my BB news...

This is the first time I've called my Best Buy since I walked in and preordered a 32GB white iPhone on the 15th. I spoke with a representative and began asking her about the shipment they received. She told me the phones they'll have tomorrow are just for preorders, I explained I did preorder, and she said, "Okay well just come in tomorrow morning at 7:30 as the store is opening early for you guys."

"That still doesn't answer my question, because I preordered a specific model and I want to know the details of your inventory so that I know which phones you have and which ones you don't."

I would have loved to have gotten her next statement in writing, but she said, "If you were able to preorder while we were taking preorders, you WILL get your phone tomorrow, guaranteed." She actually used that word: guaranteed. "That's why we do the preorders, so we know exactly which and how many phones we'll need. So if you preordered from our store, you WILL get your phone tomorrow."

I'm still skeptical, obviously, but how could a store employee take such a strong stance like this less than 24 hours before the phone goes on sale and be completely wrong? It could certainly happen, and I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would mean that they just flat-out lied to me the day before.

Jul 12, 2007
I also could not get through to BB over the phone so I went in to talk to them. On Pre-order day they thought they would get 50-75. They got 13 16gb and 2 32gb. I apparently am #12 so it looks like I will be getting one. He said they will call to make appointments later today. He did not have kind words for Apple.

CamXCollins

Bronze
Jun 4, 2010
Where are you located? I ask because I'm curious as to how many mine will receive. I plan on calling a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Perplex

Silver
Jul 5, 2008
Columbus, GA
www.myspace.com
Bare as much as i want you to receive your white phone of all glory goodness. I wouldn't even take her "guarantee" with a grain of sodium.

Out of the 200 something stores that the "Jacob" corporate guy over at the best buy forums has reviewed, he stated he has yet to see anyone that received ANY white iPhone nor does he believe he will.

Bluestar79

Jun 17, 2010
Texas
Reviving for my BB news...

I'm still skeptical, obviously, but how could a store employee take such a strong stance like this less than 24 hours before the phone goes on sale and be completely wrong? It could certainly happen, and I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would mean that they just flat-out lied to me the day before.
Just my impression but the in store employees really have no idea about what's going on. As I have mentioned in my other posts, I went to BB yesterday and got 2 different answers out of 2 different employees. It is almost as if they are just trying to avoid confrontations by giving vague or misleading answers.

By the time you actually figure out they don't have the phones, they won't be the ones on shift. Its just passing you off for the next clerk to deal with. When you complain to them, they'll just blame Apple for not shipping as many as they expected.

Jul 12, 2007
Where are you located? I ask because I'm curious as to how many mine will receive. I plan on calling a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Minnesota. Best Buy is headquartered here, so maybe we are getting a few more than others because of that. Hardly call 15 more, but it's more than others have talked about on here before.

Perplex

Silver
Jul 5, 2008
Columbus, GA
www.myspace.com
here's a post from the guy @ the bestbuy forums

"
Just went to BB on my lunch break and spoke with a phone mobile department guy. Here was our converstaion...

ME: Hi! I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 on the 16th and was just wondering if you guys were scheduling the pick-up times.
SHAGGY HAIR DUDE: Actually we just finished unboxing everything and I was getting the list together to make the phone calls.
ME: Does it look like EVERYONE that pre-ordered a phone is going to get one?
SHAGGY: Unfortunately No, about 20 people won't be getting theirs on launch day. If you give me just a second I can look you up to see if yours is in store.
ME: Sounds good.

The local BB received 30 16gb and 15 32gb... I was number 27. I'm scheduled for 7 a.m. to pick up my phone tomorrow.
This store in particular DID in fact get multiple shipments. Thought this might make some of you feel better."

DripDrops78

Bronze
Jun 14, 2010
Florida
I just called my BB. The associate says that they will be making calls tonight. She said that they are waiting until this evening because they want to give all the shipments time to arrive. I won't be holding my breath.

Jul 12, 2007
1pm tomorrow for me. Got the call about an hour ago. They are allotting 45 mins for activation.

Mac-Apple

Jun 15, 2010
11 am , and for some reason was told they could not tell me how many they received . Must be a secret :D Someone will be happy at Apple in Columbus when I don't pick up my reserved phone.

giddyup944

Jul 29, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
8 am tomorrow for me. The BB employee who called me said I and one other person can come to the store at 8am to pick up our phones. Apparently only 2 preorders? She said activation should only take a few minutes since they are opening at 8 am before the system gets hammered with activations....... I'm glad I can go at 8am but I doubt a few minutes for activation....

8 am tomorrow for me. The BB employee who called me said I and one other person can come to the store at 8am to pick up our phones. Apparently only 2 preorders? She said activation should only take a few minutes since they are opening at 8 am before the system gets hammered with activations....... I'm glad I can go at 8am but I doubt a few minutes for activation....
with as many people that got to activate today i would not be surprised it only takes a few minutes. Activation took me literally 1 minute.

Ssunbrn

Jun 23, 2010
I have called best buy twice today and they couldn't help me. The last time i called the mobile employee took down my contact information and indicated that the manager would give me a call back later today. I specifically asked if all the inventory was spoken for and the employee told me that only employees working tomorrow would know. I have a feeling that i won't end up with a phone on launch day. They were unable to tell me what number i was in the que.