Received a call from number with only 9 numbers instead of 10

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iloveiphones, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

A number just called me with only 9 numbers instead of 10. The number is (815) 151-156. I googled it and usually something comes up and nothing came up. Probably telemarketers.

BTW- They had the urge to call me so I'm posting it on the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I'm surprised by the NXX being 151. 1 was never used as a starting digit for local calls. That's very odd.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

4. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I will be sure to do this, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Just answered one of these calls. It's not a telemarker, I answered it and I screamed hello and then this punk kid starts saying Benny Benny Benny hello Benny hello bello hello and then they hung up.

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

lol damn, I'm wanted.

7. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

Ha! If you think that's weird. Read this. Two weeks ago my dad got a call from his brother (my uncle) he showed me the call on his phone and it clearly said "Antonio V." my uncle's name with the time 0.08 seconds. He called back an that number has not been working for 6 months ¿Why? Because my uncle died in a car accident in December and my Aunt of course disconnected his phone. My dad calls this number everyday ever since kinda of obsessed.....

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Did someone else have that number now maybe? And tried to see who had call it, in this case your dad.
    Sorry about your uncle btw.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Sorry to hear about your uncle. In addition to what Benny said, another possibility is that someone is using a spoof app to make it look like the call is coming from your uncle's old number. There are free Cydia apps available for this, and they are very easy to use. If other people know he's still calling it, one of them might be messing with him by changing their caller ID and calling him. Hope this isn't the case, but it's something to consider.

10. iBoss

iBoss Contributor
    Bronze

thank you guys. I have tried to call the number back myself and it says is no longer in service. The truly spooky thing is that last Friday we (my brother and I) called and it went to his voicemail, but then the busy tone came up on the middle of it! So yes like you said maybe somebody is playing a very sick and disgusting prank on my dad!

11. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

That's disgusting if it is a prank. They should be ashamed of themselves...