Receiving Unwanted Bcc's

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mlspies

Oct 30, 2007
Hi guys, got my phone almost two weeks ago and am loving it. Only one real problem, I use gmail, and receive bcc's of all my outgoing mail in my phone inbox. I have the option in my phone turned off, but I am still receiving bcc's on emails I send from my mac. Help!

Thanks,

Mark

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Hi guys, got my phone almost two weeks ago and am loving it. Only one real problem, I use gmail, and receive bcc's of all my outgoing mail in my phone inbox. I have the option in my phone turned off, but I am still receiving bcc's on emails I send from my mac. Help!

Thanks,

Mark
go Settings>Mail> and scroll down, you will see an option to always BCC Myself on/off

mlspies

Oct 30, 2007
Thanks swampduck, but in my original post, i mentioned that I had already done that. I think it's gotta be something with gmail, anyone else?

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Thanks swampduck, but in my original post, i mentioned that I had already done that. I think it's gotta be something with gmail, anyone else?
sorry about that, Reading Comprehension is a new thing for me...that being said, I have nothing :oops:

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Are you using POP or IMAP for your g-mail? There's a workaround for POP if you are but the problem does not seem to exist when using IMAP.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007

Thanks,

Mark
On your computer open your Gmail settings.
Click "Filters"
Make a filter like so:
From= *****@gmail.com <---your email address
Do this: Skip Inbox

This will prevent a large portion (but not all for some reason) of the BCCs.