Recent Bans (a suggestion)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
The atmosphere around here has been great since the strong crackdown on trolls and crusaders. But... I kinda miss their nastiness...kinda.

It would be nice, if instead of banning them, you could banish them to a special "trolls and crusaders" section. Then they could yell and spit and we could pop by to see what they were doing...kinda like visiting a prison. Then, maybe, if they apologized to all that they have wronged, they could earn their way back to respectable society.

Just a thought.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
so you want them to have to BEG to get back onto the forum? Most of those peoples only intent is mudslinging. They want to create false beliefs about the iPhone. OR provide try and get you to pay for programs.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
so you want them to have to BEG to get back onto the forum? Most of those peoples only intent is mudslinging. They want to create false beliefs about the iPhone. OR provide try and get you to pay for programs.
While that is true for many, some of them just seem to have nasty mouths and attitudes. You can change those things. For example, if someone says "you would have to be an idiot to...", maybe they just weren't trained well. A little time-out might give them a chance to reflect, and change their ways. Oh yeah...and begging!

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Well I don't believe it is a one sentence ban for all. I think they are warned and the severity of the 'crime' results in different length bans.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
The atmosphere around here has been great since the strong crackdown on trolls and crusaders. But... I kinda miss their nastiness...kinda.

It would be nice, if instead of banning them, you could banish them to a special "trolls and crusaders" section. Then they could yell and spit and we could pop by to see what they were doing...kinda like visiting a prison. Then, maybe, if they apologized to all that they have wronged, they could earn their way back to respectable society.

Just a thought.
I keep a small notepad next to my monitor, and I use it for whatever I need to take notes on. I decided one day to write down some iPhone haters names to see if they ever had anything good to say. (they never did) But I just noticed the other day that they had been banned! So their punishment it going to be creating a new account with a different name so they can see some of the best content for one of the best phones on earth!:laugh2:

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
Come on guys! Now, you all know the REAL reason why they're hatin' on the iPhone.....it's because they're jealous they can't afford one :pand they're stuck with those $50 verizon LG phones.:mad:

I am all for a "prison". It shall be named Apple Haters Internet Prison.:mad:

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Maybe a forum entitled "The Hall of Shame"...specifically for haters? :p
To be clear, I think the section should be for trolls & crusaders.

Crusaders are just as bad as trolls. You know the people. You ask "how did dust get under my screen" They say "shut up ahole, if there is dust under your screen, you put it there!"

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Lol. That's a funny idea. Some of them may be outcasts in real life, so it might not be too hard for them to be in the digital realm as well.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Funny and imaginative idea, but not going to happen. Why waste bandwidth on individuals who have voilated the forum policies. With regard to bans handed out, it's not one size fits all. It's a case by case situation. Myself and Kabeyun do what we feel is necessary and just. Certain instances are no questions asked - lifetime bans. First poster, shameless self-promoters are lifetime...free iPhone download scams... laundry list of mobile phones..etc all warrant full time bans.

Foul langauge depends on the history and content. We don't just ban someone for occasionally dropping an F-bomb, while it certainly isn't encouraged. A few members have been given a "cooling off" period.

There are a host of reasons why someone might get banned. At all times, the greater good of the community is our focus.

BTW, isn't the banned icon is awesome?:p Old school "sad mac".

-Chris

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Funny and imaginative idea, but not going to happen. Why waste bandwidth on individuals who have voilated the forum policies. With regard to bans handed out, it's not one size fits all. It's a case by case situation. Myself and Kabeyun do what we feel is necessary and just. Certain instances are no questions asked - lifetime bans. First poster, shameless self-promoters are lifetime...free iPhone download scams... laundry list of mobile phones..etc all warrant full time bans.

Foul langauge depends on the history and content. We don't just ban someone for occasionally dropping an F-bomb, while it certainly isn't encouraged. A few members have been given a "cooling off" period.

There are a host of reasons why someone might get banned. At all times, the greater good of the community is our focus.

-Chris
Well, you have been doing a great job recently, with the bans. For a while, it was getting to a point where every new post was greeted with a "try searching first, idiot!" reply.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Just discovered that one of my least favorite crusaders is back!...my arch nemesis...my white whale! Guess it was just a temporary ban. If only there was some begging involved, I might feel better.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I am one of those that received a "cooling off" period of three days. I think a case by case system is best. I found that in my case if I don't antagonize others with teasing then alls good with my posting. If I keep it to the iPhone I'm safe.

-Chris

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Come on guys! Now, you all know the REAL reason why they're hatin' on the iPhone.....it's because they're jealous they can't afford one :pand they're stuck with those $50 verizon LG phones.:mad:

I am all for a "prison". It shall be named Apple Haters Internet Prison.:mad:
LOL iPhone as teh blingz0rz!11!1

Jesus.