Recent Call List & Jailbreaking

RhoXS

Oct 20, 2007
The 3G Recent Call List only stores the last 80 or so calls. This is unreasonably too limited, especially when I compare it to my old Treos with much less than 16 GB of memory. The Treos store every made/received call back to the first one. Therefore, I have to assume storing what is probably just text based recent call information is not a memory intensive task.

Every once in a while being able to go far back in the Recent Call List proves very useful. I recently, and unexpectedly, needed to recover a number dialed last March but my Recent Call List only goes back three weeks or so.

In another forum someone stated that the number of stored calls in the recent call list can be increased by jailbreaking. However, there was no elaboration so I do not know if there is a jailbroken App required or an otherwise hidden setup option is now revealed. I also do not know if this is a true statement. More insight into this would be appreciated.

I have not yet jailbroken my phone but will not hesitate to do so if there is indeed some good reason to do so. Being able to extend the Recent Call List, coupled with many other smaller reasons (e.g. numeric battery indicator) will finally establish a critical mass of reasons to jailbreak it.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Wow - you really would want your recent call list longer than 80? I think the point of a "recent" call list is for exactly that - Recent Calls. Calls made in March are not recent.

You could always back up every so often and label your backups by date. For example, if you wanted to find a call made in March, sync with your March back-up and check it out. Then just sync back to your current back up.

guest03

Bronze
Mar 30, 2009
If you are on AT&T you could just goto their website, and past bill and find the number.. if you really wanted to search through them all....