recent iPhone commercial

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rhino

Oct 21, 2007
Has everyone seen that commercial of the girl who says she blogs and takes pictures on her iPhone back stage? She says she uploads them to the web too.

Can someone explain how to do this? Is it as simple as taking a pick and uploading it to a free image hosting site?

Thanks

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Has everyone seen that commercial of the girl who says she blogs and takes pictures on her iPhone back stage? She says she uploads them to the web too.

Can someone explain how to do this? Is it as simple as taking a pick and uploading it to a free image hosting site?

Thanks
Flickr gives you an email address you can send photos to and it will be uploaded to your page.

I guess in theory she took the picture, then emailed it to her flickr, and then linked the flickr picture to her blog. Possible, but not all easy and smooth like I'm sure she made it out to be on the commercial.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i don't think that she uploads it to HER site. she might be doing it to a photobucket or something... i think that she might be exaggerating about taking pictures backstage as the camera is not that good in low light, it would also take a while to send those pics with sufficient time over EDGE.. unless she was in a wifi zone then ignore that... i don't know.. this is the only commercial that i am questioning.. in terms of how true it really is.....

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Flickr gives you an email address you can send photos to and it will be uploaded to your page.

I guess in theory she took the picture, then emailed it to her flickr, and then linked the flickr picture to her blog. Possible, but not all easy and smooth like I'm sure she made it out to be on the commercial.

i was thinking this but this is not that possible... we DON"T have copy/paste so it would he really hard for her to write out the entire link on her blog ir her site to show everyone her pics....maybe she did send the pics to flicker or photobucket but yes you are right.. made it seem easier then it really is....

im sure that as i was, other that own the phone where thinking ,,,,,, what? yes right!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Or MAYBE she hacked her phone and has iPushr on there...
(It's an app that puts photos form the Camera roll onto Flickr.)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I did not see it on TV, but I just watched in on Apple.com. She never directly says that she uploads the photos from the phone to the blog She says that she can take photos from the wings and updates from her dressing room. Which, I guess, is where her computer is that she emailed herself the pictures. I have not actually used the iPhone camera much yet so I am not versed in its capabilities of taking pictures from dark to lighter places.

I bought the visual voicemail guy. I bought the can't remember the person's name guy (although in his place I would have probably just said, excuse me I do not remember your name). This one seems a bit of a stretch. I would think a ballet dancer on performance night would be more concerned with dancing than playing around with her blog. And I think they share dressing rooms so would you keep all your expensive phones and computers back there?

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
You wouldn't have to email pics to yourself, when you sync they get put into iphoto and then you can have them upload automatically to .mac hopefully with leopard they allow syncing from the iPhone directly to .mac

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
its just a commercial concept
im sure it was scripted and whatnot though she is an actual dancer there
I figured it was scripted. I assumed all of these well spoken, likeable, attractive iPhone users are really actors in the commercials. I just think the whole scenario of this one is a bit of a stretch.

That and the pilot looking on his iPhone for the weather? That one struck me as completely off-base. The delay in one airport could because of weather in a complete different location. I'm sure that all the pilots look up the weather and then everything works out great.

I think I am in the minority, but I am not a huge fan of these new commercials.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
"hey guys. Unfortunately these are not real people. They are actors. I work in the entertainment businesss for commercials and such. Also my good friend was just paid to do an AT&T commercial saying he was a person off the street. They asked him a question and said answer it this way. Not sure if I can say what the question is because he signed a waiver saying he wouldn't talk but when it comes out I will post here which guy it was. Now that i am looking more into it what they did was take stories real people sent to Apple and had actors "reenact" them.

Last edited by gerstyd : Today at 04:45 PM. "

^^^That's from another post in the iPhone forum on the commercials, I believe it...;)

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I have a .mac account. I can send my pics directly to my web Gallery from my iPhone, edit my Homepages (a few dozens) directly from it, add pictures or movies to them (although those have to be loaded to my iDisk through a computer).
In fact, as I was writing this, I just made a new page from my iPhone, with 30 pictures and a small amount of text on it.
I didn't even know it was possible until I read this thread.
I haven't tried to "blog" yet, but I can't imagine it's too far-fetched to make it work.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
"hey guys. Unfortunately these are not real people. They are actors. I work in the entertainment businesss for commercials and such. Also my good friend was just paid to do an AT&T commercial saying he was a person off the street. They asked him a question and said answer it this way. Not sure if I can say what the question is because he signed a waiver saying he wouldn't talk but when it comes out I will post here which guy it was. Now that i am looking more into it what they did was take stories real people sent to Apple and had actors "reenact" them.

Last edited by gerstyd : Today at 04:45 PM. "

^^^That's from another post in the iPhone forum on the commercials, I believe it...;)

well that sucks.... i was looking forward to making the commercials...oh well..

BuzzLY

Oct 18, 2007
As far as taking pictures/blogging goes... There are sites that allow you to send a picture to your unique email address, and they post to the internet (such as Flickr). I personally use Fotki. Some of these sites will take your email subject and/or text in your email and post it as the photo's caption or blog entry.

Of course, this could be done with any camera phone, but the iPhone's keyboard makes doing this a little more intuitive and easier, IMHO.

Just my $.02