Recently discovered apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by silvermoon, Jun 7, 2014.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

So I don't know how many hours a day most of you spend looking at a computer but if it is like me, I average about 10 hours. With this in mind, I often experience eyestrain, headaches, nausea, and other symptoms. I suspected that it may be that I had the screen too close so I moved it away which has reduced the amount of eyestrain. It didn't help to eliminate the main problem and that was that I didn't get up and take a break, stretch, do some other activity and not keep staring at the screen.

Well, fast forward, I downloaded two apps called Time Out and Awareness. Both of these apps have a similar function in that they alert the user that it is time to take a break without being intrusive.

How do you deal with the problem of eyestrain?

As a side note, I did some reading on the web that part of the problem could be the difference in a glossy and non-glossy screen. I'm sure the Retina display reduces the glare somewhat but I'd be interested to know more about the technical specs of the monitor with the MBP.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I also heard that it can be the screen. I have this problem as well. It's very annoying.