Recently Update Mavericks still showing "available"

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by flightmedic, Jan 25, 2014.

1. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

OK. I just recently purchased a MacBook Pro 13".

I had several several updates available in the App Store, including iMovie, iPhoto and OS X Mavericks. I updated them all.

Now, it still shows Mavericks and iMovie as available updates, when I just dozwnloaded and installed the updates...I downloaded iMovie twice to make sure I had the updated version. And still, they show as available. I searched the web for a solution, and one said to delete duplicates. I did that and it is still showing as available.

Anyone run into this issue? Or know how to get rid of the "updates available".

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jim

2. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

Check the Apple Menu for "About This Mac" to ensure you installed Mavericks. If it doesn't show 10.9.x then the install didn't finalize. Try a restart and if that doesn't sort it out, download it again and install.

3. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

I did not redownload Mavericks but I did redownload iMovies...and 3 minutes later, it showed up as an update again; same version number.

4. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

Thats freaky. I'd try downloading it again if it's still saying it's available.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

There may be an issue with updates happening twice. As you can see from my screenshot, some of my apps were apparently updated twice to the same version number.

Additionally, I clearly remember yesterday I had four updates pending. I performed two of them and I left two of them not updated, planning to do the update at a future time. Today, when I went into the updates tab, the two remaining pending updates were mysteriously no longer appearing.

update anomaly.jpg

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The updates system is seriously messed up. Not only does it happen with stock apps as @flightmedic and I posted above, but it also happens with third-party apps. Even worse, sometimes it "updates" you back to an earlier-numbered version of an app.

On Feb. 15th, an update was available for one of my apps called "Vox" which updated it from 2.0 to 2.0.1. Today, Feb. 16th, I was offered an "update" which reverted the app to version 2.0. I performed it, just to stop the notifications from popping up daily, and immediately after, it is now offering to "update" me back to 2.0.1.

:mad:

vox.jpg