recognize

iqueloque

Nov 2, 2007
hey my iTunes doesn't recognize my iPhone any idea why?

i have the latest version of iTunes and i have the phone jailbreak with the 1.1.2 version.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Did you try restarting the computer and the phone? That has worked in the past.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
How did you unlock/jailbreak the phone? Also did it recognize your phone after and now its just randomly messed up?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I had this problem. I had to re-install iTunes all together. As in deleting the one I had while keeping the music et.c folders and installing a new one.

iqueloque

Nov 2, 2007
Did you try restarting the computer and the phone? That has worked in the past.

yeah i did all that, this is the error that iTunes gives me when i try to connect my iPhone "This iPhone cannot be used because the Apple mobil device service is not started"

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Reinstall iTunes.

For whatever reason the driver that recognizes your iPhone isn't running, and if restarting your computer doesn't make it run, then you need a reinstall.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
yeah i did all that, this is the error that iTunes gives me when i try to connect my iPhone "This iPhone cannot be used because the Apple mobil device service is not started"
Have you tried to start the Apple mobile device service manually? If not, go to Control Panel (I'm assuming you use Windows), then go to Administrative Tools, then to Services and look for AppleMobileDeviceService or something like that and right-click and see if you can choose 'Start'.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
i thought that this was gonna be a thread about slang like check yo self you best recognize....Based on the one word recongnize in the topic

iqueloque

Nov 2, 2007
Have you tried to start the Apple mobile device service manually? If not, go to Control Panel (I'm assuming you use Windows), then go to Administrative Tools, then to Services and look for AppleMobileDeviceService or something like that and right-click and see if you can choose 'Start'.
yeah i did all that. the sad thing is that i can't restore my iPhone or upgrade it because itune can't regcognize it.