Recommend me interesting games for my next battery run-down videos

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Preferably free, but I'll go for a buck or two...more if there is a seriously good one out there perfect for demonstrating eating up all the touch's battery life. (or perfect for keeping me from going insane sitting there for 4 hours straight gaming)

3d games are best, since they stress not only the processor but the 3d chipset as well...I'll also check out anything that probably takes up a LOT of processor power (like Aqua forest)

Here's what I've already shown on my first two videos:

Aqua Forest
Aurora Feint: The Beginning
Ball in a Cup
Black Mamba Racer Lite
Blue Defense!
Brothers In Arms: Hour of Heroes
Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D
Cro-Mag Rally
Cube Runner
Dropship
Enigmo
Kroll
Labyrinth LE
Lux DLX
Lux Touch
Moto Chaser
Powerboat Challenge Lite
Spore Origins
Super Monkey Ball

The theme of my series is basically time-lapsing the entire session of running down the battery from full to empty with a bunch of games to give the viewer (an owner or potential owner of a 2g iPod touch) an idea of about how long they can expect to go without tethering to a computer or a wall socket.

Part 1: (minimum brightness, no wifi, no sound)

Part 2: (minimum brightness, no wifi, max volume)

The next one will be me testing it at full brightness with no wifi or sound, so the games will be more visible than in the first two parts. The video after that, I'll crank up all three for a worst case scenario demonstration.

Hopefully I can collect enough samples to put it all into a useful wrap-up/review...but for now I'm just running through all the variables, and I figure a wider variety of games will help.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Interesting. You should probably put how long the battery lasted under each of those conditions.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Sorry, I did in the youtube description, forgot to reiterate here

First one was 4 hours 20 minutes, second was 4 hours 11 minutes, and third one is 2 hours 28 minutes:

Full brightness, no sound or wifi

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
and fourth time it lasted 4 hours 4 minutes, with brightness at minimum, no sound, and wifi/push/fetch on (15 minutes)

I'm running out of good games :(

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Yup, got Asphalt. I was told Rolando wasn't really a demanding game (3d-ish), so I haven't checked it out yet.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Downloading now. Gonna check out a few more apps in the store and then get started with the "everything on" video

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY

2 hours 11 minutes, all cranked up. That's probably the last one I'll do for a while unless I get the urge or a good idea for something to test.