Recommendations wanted on building out the iPhone Downloads section

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Today we soft launched the new iPhone Downloads section at eiC. This will be a user contributed resource center for iPhone users. To kick the tires, I've uploaded the popular iPhone Silent Ringtone. It's just the beginning. I think this can be a valuable resource for members, but need your feedback. What categories would you like to see and what files would you like to access?

I'm not ready to start accepting files just yet, but this will be a user contributed resource. Ultimately, it will get built by you, for you.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Custom alert and ringtones for sure. Wallpaper/backgrounds.
It would be helpful do be able to direct users to JB dl's, but know that would have to be a separate section since that would not fly on the App...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Custom alert and ringtones for sure. Wallpaper/backgrounds.
It would be helpful do be able to direct users to JB dl's, but know that would have to be a separate section since that would not fly on the App...
Honestly, I have to look at the app and see if it's even available. I'm guessing no and that would make sense. Most of the files require a desktop computer to use on your iPhone.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
How to handle wallpapers has long been an issue for me since we removed the Wallpaper Gallery a few years back. I think wallpaper packs would be good, but not sure if one off wallpapers would work.

I think the theme stuff, icons would be a cool addition, as long as they are free.

This section does support pay for apps. I haven't thought much about whether that's something I want to get into on the site.