Recorded TV to iPhone

Pennys

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how or if you can import recorded tv to the iPhone. I have Windows xp with media center and record shows right to my computer. I did a search here on the forum but couldn't find any information.

Thanks in advance.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well, if you have the file recorded to your PC, you should be able to drag it into iTunes and then right-click it and convert it to MP4.
Then all you have to do is make sure it's selected as part of what you want to sync and sync your phone.

In some cases, depending on the original file format, converting can take away quality or even not work. If that happens, try using a 3rd party conversion software like handbrake to convert the file and then place in iTunes. handbrake is available here : http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/12987

skipere

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I used all that , just didn't have times anymore , so I'd forked over some money for this software from http://www.snapstream.com/ . After the setup , I just sync my iPhone and go. No connection with them what so ever.

mac29

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how or if you can import recorded tv to the iPhone. I have Windows xp with media center and record shows right to my computer. I did a search here on the forum but couldn't find any information.

Thanks in advance.
how do you record tv shows?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
how do you record tv shows?

Tivo 2 go has that service.

I have a card ( about $100) in my computer that is connected to my receiver, and I record it to an mpeg file and then do whatever I like with it.

mac29

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Tivo 2 go has that service.

I have a card ( about $100) in my computer that is connected to my receiver, and I record it to an mpeg file and then do whatever I like with it.
I don't have Tivo anymore, how do i do it with windows mediacenter?

Pennys

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
I don't have Tivo anymore, how do i do it with windows mediacenter?
I have the cable plugged directly to the computer, just go to media center, tv, guide, select shows and record. It works like tivo or dvr.

Thanks for the suggestions I will try some of them when I get home from work. :laugh2: Wish me luck.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have the cable plugged directly to the computer, just go to media center, tv, guide, select shows and record. It works like tivo or dvr.

Thanks for the suggestions I will try some of them when I get home from work. :laugh2: Wish me luck.
Just wondering WHAT port you have that cable plugged into. Many computers do not have video in as a standard?

Pennys

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
Just wondering WHAT port you have that cable plugged into. Many computers do not have video in as a standard?

I am using the VHF/UHF port for cable TV.

Pennys

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
Thanks for all the help. I did figure out a way to put the tv shows on my iPhone. Some of you may not like this but I have a Zune ;) which I got way before I even knew about the iPhone. And yes I still listen to my Zune, I can listen to it all day at work and not care if I run the battery down.

So anyway I used the "Any DVD to Zune Converter" software. I knew I could use it for videos and movies but had not tried it for tv shows. Guess I should have tried it first before I made my post. I tried it last night and it works fine.

And yes I could watch the tv shows on the Zune if I wanted to but Why? I love the bigger screen on the iPhone. And I love that I can delete the show after I am done watching it.