RECORDING VIDEO IN MAC BOOK THEN SYNC W/iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
quick question, that i know i will get a quick answer...i'm going to soon have the macbook...is there anyway i can record video directly into the macbook and transfer the file(s) to view on you tube and iPhone...

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Sure, it's possible. You can use iMovie to encode the video from a camcorder and then use Quicktime to export it to iPhone/iPod format. I believe this format will also work with YouTube. They do their own encoding/compression anyway.

Joe

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
quick question, that i know i will get a quick answer...i'm going to soon have the macbook...is there anyway i can record video directly into the macbook and transfer the file(s) to view on you tube and iPhone...
What do you mean by "record video"? You can either record directly with the built-in camera or import a movie from wherever. You can export it to You Tube if you have an account (with iMovie 08). If all you need to do is watch it on your iPhone, you can import it in the iTunes' library.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You can shoot a movie via iMovie with the iSight camera. One you have edited it as you like, you can go up to File > Export, then click on iPod in the pop-up box, click "Export to iTunes", then sync with iPhone. It will be under Videos in the iPod.