red iPhone coming soon?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL

This here supposed AT&T inventory sheet that fell into our laps today reads like an indecisive power user's wish list -- the Prada's great, the Z9's okay if you're into that sort of thing, and the K850a finally moves AT&T into high-end camera territory. But what's this, a red iPhone? Seriously? Catch up on all the haps over at Engadget Mobile!

found over at engadget(obviously)

iPhone in red wouldn't look bad... i'd rock it.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
But, it lists a 4GB model, which I seriously doubt is coming back.
It could be a final push of remainging stock done as a cross promotion with some other businesss or foundation. Its a win/win for everyone in that case.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
As soon as my warranty expires (June 29, 2008, so a while) I'm going to Colorware my iPhone to maybe a full gloss black to (also) match my car. $150 to cover up the scratches I might have is pretty sweet.

Uneek

Sep 30, 2007
As soon as my warranty expires (June 29, 2008, so a while) I'm going to Colorware my iPhone to maybe a full gloss black to (also) match my car. $150 to cover up the scratches I might have is pretty sweet.
I once asked a guy at Apple store about the Colorware site, and he told me that the website is authorized by Apple and it wouldn't affect the warranty in any way. :) I might go for it soon, too.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I once asked a guy at Apple store about the Colorware site, and he told me that the website is authorized by Apple and it wouldn't affect the warranty in any way. :) I might go for it soon, too.

Whoa, it WON'T affect the warranty? I might send my iPhone off now if that's true. I love how they look, so sick.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
i personally think THAT RED would be very tacky, looks like its dropped in a bucket of paint. The color it says is DEEP RED, and how do we know its the GRAY pary of the iPhone that will be colored and not the currently black areas? It says deep red, i'm imagining something very dark, whether its the gray part or the black part

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I have been looking on ColorWare's site to see if this is true or not, but I cant seem to find that information anywhere. I'm not saying that Apple store guy is incorrect, just that with anything that employees a lot of people, they all have or think they know something and it turns out to be false.

And if it doesn't void the warranty, then I'd expect many people would be rushing to have their iPhones colorized; but I haven't seen any.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
warranty

(ColorWare Inc. is not an authorized reseller of Apple Inc. products. ColorWare Inc. replaces all existing Apple Inc. warranty policies and procedures with a ColorWare Inc. warranty, the documentation for which is included with all products purchased from ColorWare Inc.
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.)

This is what I found on their site...:laugh2: Then I think this means iPhones you buy from them already colored...I don't know if it means ones you seen IN to have colored...

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
(ColorWare Inc. is not an authorized reseller of Apple Inc. products. ColorWare Inc. replaces all existing Apple Inc. warranty policies and procedures with a ColorWare Inc. warranty, the documentation for which is included with all products purchased from ColorWare Inc.
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.)

This is what I found on their site...:laugh2: Then I think this means iPhones you buy from them already colored...I don't know if it means ones you seen IN to have colored...
They should be since they are selling iPhones already colored.

Jun 11, 2007
Lansing, MI
www.freemod.net
Mmm... Colorware Green iPhone... Goin' green! It's the future! lol. I'd seriously love it. Not to mention, after my warranty is up, I may have to indulge. I wonder if they will do just a housing swap (OEM everything). But then again, my iPhone is in Lockdown at SuperMax. It only sees < 30 minutes out of it's cell each day, so I have little to worry about...