Red Keyboard install Disaster

jsimma

Jun 18, 2008
I tried to install the red keyboard mod, and now my keyboard is blank or caps button is black. Also when a letter is highlighted and blown up its not even a letter, its just a bunch of distorted lines. How do I get my original keyboard back? If I restore do I lose all my apps Ive downloaded? Thanks guys.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Why restore? Why not just replace the Keyboard-Common.artwork file in the \System\Library\Frameworks\UIKit.framework directory with an original copy off a working phone?

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Why restore? Why not just replace the Keyboard-Common.artwork file in the \System\Library\Frameworks\UIKit.framework directory with an original copy off a working phone?
Maybe I'm stupid, but can't you just uninstall the faulty keyboard artwork file? Not sure if you got it via Installer or if you SSH'd it over, but either way you should be able to replace the file without having to restore the phone. If the file swap doesn't work, however, you may have no other recourse but to restore and start over (it happens to the best of us).

Good luck.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I am not familiar with the red keyboard thing he is talking about but I assume that it just overwrote the regular keyboard images with it's corrupt ones. Just replacing it should fix it without him having to restore and then reinstall everything on his phone.