Red tint on photos from iPhone camera (jailbroken)

Jun 3, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
Hi All

When I take photos using my iPhone camera, it like this. Find the attached photo. The firmware is 1.1.2, my phone is jail-braked and cracked. So I am bit scared to update the firmware. If its easy I will try that. Pls advice.

Regards,
Rk

Attachments

Amt

Sep 18, 2008
Woah, the picture comes out like red? O_o
If it does, you should restore your phone back to regular settings and take it to Apple.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hi All

When I take photos using my iPhone camera, it like this. Find the attached photo. The firmware is 1.1.2, my phone is jail-braked and cracked. So I am bit scared to update the firmware. If its easy I will try that. Pls advice.

Regards,
Rk
Well, other than the fact that you should really consider going to 2.1 and rejailbreaking anyway.... another matter... That picture's not a problem that can be solved with a software update. It's a hardware issue, and I had it myself on an older iPhone (exchanged it)

A possible fix: Take your iPhone out of a case (if you have one) and squeeze it front to back right in the corner on top of the camera with your thumb and forefinger. Basically pinch the camera. See if that fixes it.

It's a loose connection in there, and if you're still under warranty you should restore the firmware and exchange it for a new one at Apple.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Like Dave said, you have a hardware problem. If you can't get it fixed yourself, restore it a stock state in iTunes and take it to an Apple Store.

Also, if you're willing to, update to the 2.1 firmware. It can be both jailbroken and unlocked (unlock - 1st Generation iPhone only) and adds many features and fixes a ton of bugs and stability issues.

Jun 3, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
Thanks Dave, It is a hard ware problem. When I pressed the side of the camera, it started working !.

Regards,
Rk

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I'm pretty sure you need to update to several versions before going straight to 2.1 search around to see what you can find out. There have been slot of people updating from old firmwares latlely.