Redirect email message on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gatornut

Dec 9, 2007
I am currently thinking about an iPhone as a replacement for my Treo. I am curious as to whether the iPhone has a way to redirect email. By redirect an email I am defining it as theis: Tom sent me an email but it really needs to be handled by Mary, so I redirect it to Mary and it looks as though Tom sent it Directly to Mary when Mary opens it.

Thanks for the help

Gatornut

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The iPhone itself doesn't have this ability. AFAIK the Treo nor any cell phone has this ability. This is more like a filter on the mail server itself which does this.

gatornut

Dec 9, 2007
It's not a feature on the server it is a feature in the email client. For example Mozilla Thunderbird uses this as an optional feature which you can add on, from what I understand Apple Mail has this as well, but none of the microsoft email clients feature this .

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
That's a useful feature that Apple could add to the iPhone.

There is a bog-standard 'forward' option of course. The only other way I can think of doing it would be to use imap and move the mail into another mailbox. The administrator of the mailserver should (with a bit of jiggery-pokery) be able to share that mailbox with another user. I've never done it or tried it but I should think having both users in the same group would make it possible without any extra code.