redownloading iTunes songs bought on iPhone

jags86

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
So my I had purchased an album on my phone this morning. This same morning I had a problem with my phone and on my lunch break I stopped by the Apple store. They replaced the phone but I had forgotten I had purchased the album... Needless to say I no longer have the album. Is there a way to redownload it?

JamesMB

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
You can download it from iTunes. Just select download purchased items.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
You can download it from iTunes. Just select download purchased items.

I thought that only works if the phone where the music was bought from is connected?
I'm not 100% sure but anyway if that doesn't work just email iTunes with your receipt which you find under your account and the album will be available for download once they see you've already bought the album

JamesMB

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
I thought that only works if the phone where the music was bought from is connected?
Ooh, didn't think about that, but I think that you are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Ooh, didn't think about that, but I think that you are correct.

I mean it could be like you said too, I'm not 100% sure, he can try both either way he won't lose the album
That's what's important :)

JamesMB

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
I just tried it, and iTunes let me download purchases and I didn't even have a phone connected. I guess it has to do with being logged in to your account.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I just tried it, and iTunes let me download purchases and I didn't even have a phone connected. I guess it has to do with being logged in to your account.

So it recognizes it that it's missing from your library and re-downloads it.
Now with apps I've never had any problems doing that, with music if I lost a song, before, I had to email them the receipt for them to let me re-download it again.
This after me emailing them asking how I could get the song back.
Did you do an app or a song?
Obviously I don't want you to buy a song just to try lol
Sorry my curiosity, I just never understood how I could re-download an app for free but not a song

JamesMB

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
So it recognizes it that it's missing from your library and re-downloads it.
Now with apps I've never had any problems doing that, with music if I lost a song, before, I had to email them the receipt for them to let me re-download it again.
This after me emailing them asking how I could get the song back.
Did you do an app or a song?
Obviously I don't want you to buy a song just to try lol
Sorry my curiosity, I just never understood how I could re-download an app for free but not a song
I did an app. LOL I was gonna buy some songs, I'll try with the songs in the morning, the computer is upstairs, and I'm lazy. :)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I did an app. LOL I was gonna buy some songs, I'll try with the songs in the morning, the computer is upstairs, and I'm lazy. :)

Now, don't spend money to try LOL if it doesn't work than it's your migraine as well.

Tell me about it, if I move the hand from my head my neck might snap in 2 I'm so lazy haha

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I was told by Apple that lost music is your problem and you can't re-download for free. But I was also given the "courtesy" to have my account enabled to re-download missing music as a one time thing. So I might be worth a call to Apple and explain what happened.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I was told by Apple that lost music is your problem and you can't re-download for free. But I was also given the "courtesy" to have my account enabled to re-download missing music as a one time thing. So I might be worth a call to Apple and explain what happened.

They send me a link to where I was able to send an email to iTunes with my receipt number so they could see it was actually me and a day later the songs that I did lose ( 2 of them ) were available to download with a nice email response from iTunes thanking me for being such a valuable customer.
Apple told you wrong, next time just contact iTunes without even bothering calling Apple.

jags86

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I wrote an email to iTunes support. Got an email back about 3 hours later with direction on how to redownload album.

pleased.

thanks everyone

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I wrote an email to iTunes support. Got an email back about 3 hours later with direction on how to redownload album.

pleased.

thanks everyone
Good to hear!

Hovax615

Dec 8, 2010
I just lost a bunch of music..like 20 albums and a bunch of individual songs. I don't know how to find the receipts? I did have a bunch in my email but I deleted never thinking I needed it again? But i was updating my phone cause I was running 4.0 ever since the last days of June, when the iPhone 4 came out. So i don't know how to get them back.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I just lost a bunch of music..like 20 albums and a bunch of individual songs. I don't know how to find the receipts? I did have a bunch in my email but I deleted never thinking I needed it again? But i was updating my phone cause I was running 4.0 ever since the last days of June, when the iPhone 4 came out. So i don't know how to get them back.
Sign in from your computer to your iTunes account than search for account information