Redsn0w 0.9.8b5_p8 Receives A Big Update

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Reds0w is an easy tool to use, always has heen. It's always jailbroken iDevices. The UI has always needed an update, though.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If it wasn't ready, why it should have been pushed months ago?
I'm not sure I know what you mean. These features that Redsn0w's been updated with should have really been added ages ago. There are that many tools for jailbreaking and saving SHSH files, it's nice to have them all in one place, rather than having to download more tools to do a simple job. I've always been a fan of Redsn0w, I like my bug-free jailbreaks.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
just been reading about it John. It looks very simple and easy to use. I was wondering if you were on ipad's bb (like moi), then would you still need to use Snowbreeze or Pwnage tool to jb?

EDIT: Yes it seems that I can, if I go into extras and into pwned dfu.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just thought post #1 implied that they had it ready to go and were sitting on it for no good reason. It takes time to make these tools and add the new features. If it wasn't ready, it shouldn't have been pushed months ago. If it was partially ready and released too soon, it would be buggy. I'd rather wait for the bugs to be worked out and not pressure them to release them too early. After all, it's not an important jailbreak (like the untethered 5.0 iPhone 5 will be). Most of us won't even use this because we're already jailbroken on 4.3.3, so why rush it if it wasn't ready?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
just been reading about it John. It looks very simple and easy to use. I was wondering if you were on ipad's bb (like moi), then would you still need to use Snowbreeze or Pwnage tool to jb?

EDIT: Yes it seems that I can, if I go into extras and into pwned dfu.
I don't need the iPad's baseband My iPhone 4 is factory unlocked :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I just thought post #1 implied that they had it ready to go and were sitting on it for no good reason. It takes time to make these tools and add the new features. If it wasn't ready, it shouldn't have been pushed months ago. If it was partially ready and released too soon, it would be buggy. I'd rather wait for the bugs to be worked out and not pressure them to release them too early. After all, it's not an important jailbreak (like the untethered 5.0 iPhone 5 will be). Most of us won't even use this because we're already jailbroken on 4.3.3, so why rush it if it wasn't ready?
You've read far too deeply into that one sentence. Whether it was ready or not is irrelevant, that wasn't my point. I think you've totally missed what I was trying to say and you've gone off on a tangent. In my opinion it should have been updated months ago to include the features we now see. Obviously there have been reasons for it's delay and I'm more than grateful. I never said or implied that the Dev-Team sat on the update either.

Redsn0w has been in need of a substantial update for months, it's nice to see that the Dev-Team have managed to push it to the public.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Saying it should have been pushed months ago doesn't sound very grateful. It sounds impatient and doesn't acknowledge the valid reasons for the delay. I see hackers leaving the Dev Team and geohot and i0n1c getting pissed off at the jailbreak community for their ungratefulness and impatience and it bothers me. We need these guys and we shouldn't bite the hand that feeds. They don't owe us anything and they are providing a free service. So why not just say thanks rather than here's an update we should have had pushed to us months ago?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Saying it should have been pushed months ago doesn't sound very grateful. It sounds impatient and doesn't acknowledge the valid reasons for the delay. I see people leaving the dev team and geohot and i0n1c getting pissed off at the jailbreak community for their ungratefulness and impatience and it bothers me. We need these guys and we shouldn't bite the hand that feeds. They don't owe us anything and they are providing a free service.
I don't mean to be funny but you really have misunderstood what I've said. I'm not ungrateful for wanting a single tool which does everything you want it to do. I definitely don't call it impatience either as I've quite happily used all the tools available without complaint. I literally mean it would have been nice to have this months ago. Look at Sn0wbreeze, it does everything, however it's for Windows.

You're on the offensive today, Mindi. What gives?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just have very strong feelings about what I said in my last post.

sn0wbreeze is quite buggy so I only recommend it as a last resort.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
I don't need the iPad's baseband My iPhone 4 is factory unlocked :)
I know that, I said if someone WAS using iPad bb because they didn't have an Unlocked phone, would they still be able to use this? I'm happy on snowbreeze atm, I was just wondering in case I was to advise someone else who had ipad's baseband and wanted to jailbreak.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I know that, I said if someone WAS using iPad bb because they didn't have an Unlocked phone, would they still be able to use this? I'm happy on snowbreeze atm, I was just wondering in case I was to advise someone else who had ipad's baseband and wanted to jailbreak.
I don't actually know at present. I'll look into Redsn0w's new features and I'll get back to you.