Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by EverythingApple, Nov 27, 2011.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I recently re-jaibroke my iPhone but found out that the above redsn0w would not accept the ipsw for 5.0.1. I had to use the ipsw for 5.0. Anyone else have the same problem? If not, what did I do wrong?

2. EverythingApple

Gold

This is why I dislike coming back on here...I ask a question and no one answers me.:mad: Is this the way you treat your members? This isn't an isolated incident, as it happens all the time, but only on here. I will say, John will answer me a few times, and so does Bennyboy, Mac and canamera, if they can help, but that's it.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Wow. Calm down. We have real-life things to do as well you know. Life does not revolve around everythingicafe.com.

I have just noticed this thread. I've covered over 500 miles today whilst working and I've been out of the house for over 12 hours. Give me and the rest of us a break - don't forget about the time zone difference either.

Anyways...

Using iOS 5.0 isn't the problem. It's how Redsn0w works. MuscleNerd did state that you have to point Redsn0w towards the iOS 5.0 .ipsw file (Redsn0w is quite clever and should automatically point itself towards the 5.0 .ipsw):)

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I understand your frustration. I get that a lot too. As far as your question goes, it is my understanding that is the protocol, but I haven't upgraded to 5.0.1 yet to try it.

5. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

I believe Redsn0w was initially designed to be pointed at ipsw5.0.1 beta to jailbreak....may not work with the final version...? don't quote me...not 100% sure..

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I quote the Dev-Team blog update 16.

7. EverythingApple

Gold

I did point it to the 5.0.1 ipsw but it came up unrecognized. When I point it to the 5.0 ipsw, it comes up recognized. I think it has something to do with the beta vs. final 5.0.1, as mentioned by fijiman.

8. EverythingApple

Gold

I know about real lives and time zone differences and family, but I can post a question that goes days without ever being answered. Than I have to revert to Google. :rolleyes: John, if you read my post correctly, I'm not complaining about you at all. You've helped me out the most. You're probably one of the only. lol

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

That's fair enough and I know you didn't single me out. Sometimes posts become unread, it's happens. Instead of getting frustrated, shoot me a PM.

10. EverythingApple

Gold

Just found my answer: http://jailbreakqa.com/ios5

UPDATE:

• IF YOU HAVE UPDATED TO 5.0.1 firmware, you need to click Extras / Select IPSW and specify the 5.0 ipsw, because Redsn0w has not been updated to recognize iOS 5.0.1 yet. If you don't have the 5.0 ipsw, you can download it from this link. If redsn0w says something like That IPSW is not supported by this version of Redsnow. Fingerprint: 6fb7995340b0602239a048b61c9cdac652erd85, then you need to specify the 5.0 ipsw.