redsn0w waiting for reboot

clouse123

Jun 28, 2009
What is a reasonable time to wait for reboot? Nothing has happened for several minutes.

Can I manually reboot?

Thanks

Jun 30, 2009
i noticed that if you click FINISH on redsn0w before the phone is totally done jailbreaking, it will never finish, happened to me. Had to put it in recovery mode and restore 3.0 with iTunes, then rejailbroke it , waited for phone to complete JB, then closed redsn0w. Wrkd fine

mr.reggaeton72

Zealot
Silver
Jun 12, 2009
don't worry about it..the same exact thing happen to me 3 times..my iPhone would stay with a white screen while redsnow would say WAITING FOR REBOOT...now..when i unplugged my iPhone and turn it back on again...it was normal...i didn't restore or nothing...looked like redsnow didn't do anything cause the 3 times i tried it...i turn my phone back on again after putting it in DFU mode and it would start normally...when i tried it the 4th time it booted up normally..just don't worry about it just try it many times and remember...if it stays with the white screen..just turn it off and ON again...it should start normally like mine did...hope this helped

clouse123

Jun 28, 2009
It appears I got through Redsn0w okay, but I can't confirm. Phone says I need a SIM to register the phone with iTunes. How do I get around that? I have a TMobile sim, but the phone hasn't been unlocked yet. Any tips?

mr.reggaeton72

Zealot
Silver
Jun 12, 2009
well sorry i cant help you out with that one...because i don't have t-mobile...either way try downloading yellowstone from cydia...go to search on cydia and put yellowstone...then run yellowstone...i think that dat should do the trick...

Jun 30, 2009
hopefully you made it through redsn0w. Unplug it power down and power on, if you got the CYDIA icon you are ok, now youre in the same boat i am. I cant get a connection via wifi to click on cydia to download and run ultrasn0w to unlock it.

Jun 30, 2009
since it IS JB'd, any ATT card should work in it, so if u know someone with ATT and a data plan ask to use their sim. then u can unlock it with cydia's ultrasn0w.

clouse123

Jun 28, 2009
No AT&T here in Cheyenne WY so finding one to borrow will be problematic. Any other ideas out there?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
since it IS JB'd, any ATT card should work in it, so if u know someone with ATT and a data plan ask to use their sim. then u can unlock it with cydia's ultrasn0w.
Not true. The prepaid AT&T SIM's won't work on 3.0.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No AT&T here in Cheyenne WY so finding one to borrow will be problematic. Any other ideas out there?
Can you open Cydia on WiFi and install ultrasn0w and then put your T-Mobile SIM in?

clouse123

Jun 28, 2009
Can you open Cydia on WiFi and install ultrasn0w and then put your T-Mobile SIM in?
The phone is stuck on the screen that says insert a SIM to activate the phone. The only other option is "slide for emergency"

boleje

Jul 2, 2009
I had the "waiting on reboot" problem. I managed to get redsn0w working running windows in safe mode; it worked perfectly then.

Johnnycaox

Jul 1, 2009
ok i gotta try safemode. Thats about the only thing i havnt tried but i been trying to jb with redsn0w and i got stuck at waiting to reboot and my phone never even get the white screen, when im in DFU i get a black screen and it stay black and i've tried it on XP and VISTA. I've done it over and over between 2 pc over 50 times. can someone please help me out. thank yall so much! I love this place.

Jun 30, 2009
thats what ive been trying to do, but every internet cafe i hit , it says im connected, but cydia wont load, no connection. There must be some kind of settings I'm forgetting. My last option is to wait til july 5th when Gevy2 turbo sim comes out. It fools the phone to unlock it for any carrier, then i'll use cydia to do the soft unlock. thats all i can think of