Reduce Motion Option in iOS 7.0.3 Does Just That

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I have Reduce Motion on and updated to iOS 7.0.3. It really removes any sort of animation. It's kind of bizarre. In iOS 6, there seems to be more animation than with this option turned on. I'm not sure if it's the combination of the super-speedy A7 processor, but it sort of feels like apps fade in and out, like I've used an iMove transition.

Have you tried it?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I have Reduce Motion on and updated to iOS 7.0.3. It really removes any sort of animation. It's kind of bizarre. In iOS 6, there seems to be more animation than with this option turned on. I'm not sure if it's the combination of the super-speedy A7 processor, but it sort of feels like apps fade in and out, like I've used an iMove transition.

Have you tried it?
Wow, you know what? When I updated to 7.0.3 today, I decided to treat myself (i.e. throw caution to the wind and use extra battery for eye candy, even if only for a few days) by setting Reduce Motion to OFF (I had pretty much had it set to ON for as long as I can remember, since I prefer longevity of battery charge over eye candy).

However, I tried what you suggested above, and I really like the results. It's even more eye-candy'ish than with the Reduce Motion set to OFF, IMHO.

I really dig these silky-smooth fades from screen to screen and will probably keep it this way for a few days.

Last edited:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I really like this. Contrary to what I was hoping, the transitions don't really seem any faster to me, but they do look really nice.

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
Just to get this straight. Reduce motion set to ON with 7.0.3 takes away the animation. Yes or no answer please.

Also I didn't update to 7.0.2 on my 5s cause the battery life is so good with the 7.0.1 I'm afraid of messing up a good thing. You know if its not brokers don't fix it

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just to get this straight. Reduce motion set to ON with 7.0.3 takes away the animation. Yes or no answer please.

Also I didn't update to 7.0.2 on my 5s cause the battery life is so good with the 7.0.1 I'm afraid of messing up a good thing. You know if its not brokers don't fix it

Yes. Setting 'Reduce Motion' to 'On' (green) removes the animation. Opening apps and switching creates almost an iMovie like transition.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
After using this option for a while, I feel like these fade transitions are what should have been stock on ios7. Simple, subtle.

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
Love this much better. The response time is much faster