Reduce Motion Option in iOS 7.0.3 Does Just That

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by chris, Oct 22, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I have Reduce Motion on and updated to iOS 7.0.3. It really removes any sort of animation. It's kind of bizarre. In iOS 6, there seems to be more animation than with this option turned on. I'm not sure if it's the combination of the super-speedy A7 processor, but it sort of feels like apps fade in and out, like I've used an iMove transition.

Have you tried it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Wow, you know what? When I updated to 7.0.3 today, I decided to treat myself (i.e. throw caution to the wind and use extra battery for eye candy, even if only for a few days) by setting Reduce Motion to OFF (I had pretty much had it set to ON for as long as I can remember, since I prefer longevity of battery charge over eye candy).

However, I tried what you suggested above, and I really like the results. It's even more eye-candy'ish than with the Reduce Motion set to OFF, IMHO.

I really dig these silky-smooth fades from screen to screen and will probably keep it this way for a few days.

#2 Rafagon, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  3. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I really like this. Contrary to what I was hoping, the transitions don't really seem any faster to me, but they do look really nice.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I wish you could use Reduce Motion and keep the parallax effect, though. Oh, well - the jailbreak will solve that.

5. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Just to get this straight. Reduce motion set to ON with 7.0.3 takes away the animation. Yes or no answer please.

Also I didn't update to 7.0.2 on my 5s cause the battery life is so good with the 7.0.1 I'm afraid of messing up a good thing. You know if its not brokers don't fix it

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Yes. Setting 'Reduce Motion' to 'On' (green) removes the animation. Opening apps and switching creates almost an iMovie like transition.

7. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I agree. Hopefully Apple will just add a separate toggle for parallax.

8. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

After using this option for a while, I feel like these fade transitions are what should have been stock on ios7. Simple, subtle.

9. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Love this much better. The response time is much faster

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

10. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member
    Bronze

I totally agree, but miss the "aesthetics"..