Redundant...

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
I'm sorry these bother me so much but I just can't get past the redundancy issues here.
Screen Shot 2013-06-16 at 11.34.21 AM.png

WHY? And which bar do I use? is it better to use the actual "Like" button or the thumbs up? Does that "Like" need to be there? are they connected to each other?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
My guess is the bottom bar is an add-on to the vanilla xenforo software which includes the top bar, so there probably isn't an easy way to remove the "like" on the top.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
It is possible to both "like" and "thumbs-up" a post. I don't know if it counts twice for ratings count though.

THIS is really the big issue...

My guess is the bottom bar is an add-on to the vanilla xenforo software which includes the top bar, so there probably isn't an easy way to remove the "like" on the top.
Meh, I guess it made it seem like I don't understand how forums work. It was more a rhetorical question like "hey I know this can be changed pretty easily so why is this like this"... just didn't want to come off as an a**hole....

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Which explains why only the "Like" option is available using the mobile template.
We used to have the option for all of the ratings when on the mobile template. We lost that ability to give and view other ratings in late March (though you'll still get notified of them in alerts). Now the only one that works is the like rating. I think a forum update broke it.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The 'Like' is stock. The other advanced ratings offers a bunch of stuff. If I left out the Like (due to duplication), we'd have just the dislike which would stick out like a sore thumb.