Reformat from 1.0.2 to 1.0.2 help

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Ok I never updated nor have I even let iTunes check for new upddates for the iPhone. iTunes, also, has NOT been updated with the very latest update offered for it either. iPhone works great I just want to completely restore with this software to a clean phone and then re install my apps and stuff. The reason I want/need to do this is because I accidentally dumped a whole bunch of .png files into my summerboard theme file in an effort to learn how to manually install themes via Ibrickr. I see those files while choosing themes in summerboard as well as seeing them through Ibrickr. I just can not delete so I figure I'll restore. The problem is that restore obviously does not work unless online and then I'm afraid it will ZAP me with the "updated" software, 1.2.0. Any suggestions. WINXP.:laugh2::laugh2:

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Ok I never updated nor have I even let iTunes check for new upddates for the iPhone. iTunes, also, has NOT been updated with the very latest update offered for it either. iPhone works great I just want to completely restore with this software to a clean phone and then re install my apps and stuff. The reason I want/need to do this is because I accidentally dumped a whole bunch of .png files into my summerboard theme file in an effort to learn how to manually install themes via Ibrickr. I see those files while choosing themes in summerboard as well as seeing them through Ibrickr. I just can not delete so I figure I'll restore. The problem is that restore obviously does not work unless online and then I'm afraid it will ZAP me with the "updated" software, 1.2.0. Any suggestions. WINXP.:laugh2::laugh2:
You certainly don't need to do a restore. To delete files/folders, just use Finder (the application is listed in iBrickr). However, should you ever need to restore back to 1.0.2, do the following on a PC:

1. Plug in your iPhone to iTunes
2. While holding the shift key, hit restore
3. It will ask you for the restore file. Use the 1.0.2 firmware to restore. If you need a copy of the 1.0.2 firmware, it's located here (no idea how long Apple plans on keeping this file up, so I suggest you save it for later use): http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...70821.vormd/iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw

If you're afraid that iTunes may still grab the latest firmware, I suggest unplugging the internet connection as a safety precaution.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
You certainly don't need to do a restore. To delete files/folders, just use Finder (the application is listed in iBrickr). However, should you ever need to restore back to 1.0.2, do the following on a PC:

3. It will ask you for the restore file. Use the 1.0.2 firmware to restore. If you need a copy of the 1.0.2 firmware, it's located here (no idea how long Apple plans on keeping this file up, so I suggest you save it for later use): http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...70821.vormd/iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw

If you're afraid that iTunes may still grab the latest firmware, I suggest unplugging the internet connection as a safety precaution.

Wow. Thanks maybe I'll try Finder. :laugh2: Great info you answered my questions. GOD I LOVE THIS SITE

mohdnoor

Feb 2, 2008
Emergency Call After Reformat From 1.0.2 To 1.0.2

After following the instruction my iPhone shows emergency call only, what should i do now

Nov 24, 2007

i also have 1.0.2, and would like to do the same... got this step, but whats next? how do i unlock 1.0.2? how do i re-activate/jailbreak 1.0.2.? will restoring break the unlock? if so how do i unlock it again? sorry for the 101 questions but everytime i search about this i get lost on what to do.. please help..... i'd really like to know how to do this myself , i payed some dude $50 last time