Reformatting phone but keeping on 7.0.4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by hmfc-1874, May 2, 2014.

1. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Hi guys I know this should be on the JB part of the forum but could not navigate to it on app due to restrictions. So mods if you can please move this thread.

My problem is I want to set my phone back to factory settings but keep it on 7.0.4 so I can rejailbreak it.
    Is this still possible to do with tiny umbrella or is there another method ?

Many thanks.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can't restore to 7.0.4, but you can remove all of your Cydia apps, tweaks and dependencies with iLEX RAT. What type of problems are you experiencing?
    http://ilexrat.com

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Hey Europa, Well it's crashes a lot, but the main thing for me at the moment is the speaker. When ever I call someone or someone calls me I have to put them on loud speaker so I can hear them other wise it's just silent. I sometimes starts working again which leads me to think it must be software related instead of hardware.
    So any ideas. Not sure if this helps but I have just bought a car and I have a beats Bluetooth speaker that I connect the phone to but it makes no difference weather I have the Bluetooth on or off, I am still coming across the same problem. :/

Thanks

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've used iLEX RAT and it put my iPhone 5s back to activation status while still keeping it jailbroken and Cydia installed. So, in my experience, it worked.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Bluetooth headsets/speaker phones use their own speakers and microphones, so the problem shouldn't occur when using Bluetooth if you have a bad speaker or microphone on the iPhone. That indicates that it might be software-related. I would try resetting all settings in the Settings app and then using iLEX RAT if that doesn't help. It may not fix the problem if it is software-related since it doesn't do a full restore of the OS, but it should fix it if it's jailbreak-related. If iLEX doesn't work, I'd restore, test it again, and exchange it at Apple if the problem persists (if it's under warranty).