REFUBRISHED iPhoneS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Interesting, but I prefer my gadgets fresh out of the box. Just not the same as a used DVD or car.

danielfillmore

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
i prefer to buy brand new also, but the folks that have purchased the refurbished iPhones are completely satisfied, as i have read in these forums

biffyiffy

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
Whats not to like? Its $100 cheaper, carries the same warranty as a new one, and it looks cosmetically new.

And think about it, how many people have bought brand new iPhones and had to return them for various/random defects? So buying new isn't guaranteeing its better in any way.

I would NEVER purchase a demo unit anything at a store. Hell, I hate to buy shoes that have already been tried on. But, Apple restores these to the identical condition as new and backs with the standard warranty.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Whats not to like? Its $100 cheaper, carries the same warranty as a new one, and it looks cosmetically new.

And think about it, how many people have bought brand new iPhones and had to return them for various/random defects? So buying new isn't guaranteeing its better in any way.

I would NEVER purchase a demo unit anything at a store. Hell, I hate to buy shoes that have already been tried on. But, Apple restores these to the identical condition as new and backs with the standard warranty.
Not to mention all the phones that were returned that had NO defects at all. Bought a phone and coulndn't afford the contract? Bought a phone and the wife told you to return it? Bought a phone and got impatient with the long activation times?

All those returned phones that may have never even had the protective plastic removed still have to legally be sold as refurbs.

I have nothing short of 100% confidence in refurbished products....from Apple.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I've had a lot of luck with refurbished electronics. iPod. 5 Dell computers. Various other items like stereo receivers, speakers, etc.

The way I see it, there are a lot of really dumb people out there who have "problems" with their electronics and kick them back to the manufacturers after they get frustrated with them. It takes some people a long time to get used to new technology, and a lot of cutting edge stuff is way over people's heads. As long as these items are in new condition and have a warranty I'm happy with, then I'll enjoy the savings and call it a day.

I've never gotten any BETTER performance out of new electronics than I've gotten from factory refurbs. Had I not been so eager to get an iPhone, I probably would have waited for the refurbs to hit and saved myself a hundred bucks.

veedubcos

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Just because it is refurbished doesn't mean it was broken/bad phone. It can simply mean that the customer didn't like the phone and brought it back to the store. So thats where "refurb" comes in because they cant resell it as new.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
thanks for the comments...yeah its pretty interesting...if they can convince me that it wks just as good as a new one, then i might go at it...

JKD

Bronze
Aug 16, 2007
I bought my wifes iPhone from teh refurb store...it's flawless. Wish I'd saved the $100 on mine too..go for it I say! :D

Jul 23, 2007
I actually think that each refurb product has been physically tested to ensure QC. I can't say the same thing for every new product off the line. I buy refurbs all the time and will continue.