Refurbish ZiPhone

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
im thinking of taking my iPhone back to Apple for a replacement. when i first got it it was on unlocked/jailbroken 1.0.2. and now im on unlocked/jailbroken 1.1.4. now the question is can i just simply do a refurbish in ZiPhone or do I have to downgrade first to 1.0.2 and refurbish it and take it? I just wanna make sure i do this right so i don't get busted! thanks in advance!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I think he posted in the wrong forum.

Refurbish will definitely clear your phone of everything. Restoring from iTunes is just as good, however it has been documented to leave behind traces of a jailbreak.

I honestly don't think Apple would bother to look for a jailbreak trail, they just nuke them when they get back to the service center anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Restore it as a New Phone and you should be okay, but x999x is right. This is a better question for the iPhone Modifications forum.

moze

Bronze
Nov 9, 2007
Restore it as a New Phone and you should be okay, but x999x is right. This is a better question for the iPhone Modifications forum.

thanks for the answer everyone...sorry about posting it in the wrong forum!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Don't worry about that. It's just that you would probably get more informative replies there.

Good luck.