Refurbished 3G iPhone's

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
AT&T claims they are phones returned during the 30 day trial period. "may have small scratches"

anyone here buy a refurb? was it scratched or like new?

$99 is hard to beat for a 3G right now!

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
My wife and i have both had replacements from the Apple store and when you swap them out you get a refurb. I have never had a problem with a refurb . Id say go for it as long as it still has the one year Apple care and you can purchase an additional year if you choose

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I would jump on that in a heartbeat. Should look like new, but if you are given one you don't like ask for another. You will have to sign a new 2 year contract, but this is an excellent deal. As far as warranty, site states 90 days or more. You have to enter the serial # for more details.

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
changed my mind, my contract is up in june 09 so i'll be switching to verizon again. the area im in has terrible AT&T service...

EVDO ftw! i love verizon, i get service up in the mountains!

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
im going to swap my wife's iPhone out next month. She has a crack in the screen and the Apple store i called said when the swap out ($199) it might be a refurb or it can be new.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
changed my mind, my contract is up in june 09 so i'll be switching to verizon again. the area im in has terrible AT&T service...

Since you like Verizon so much, what do you think about the LG Dare? I hear it sucks.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.

Verizon is OK I guess, but who wants all those people following you around all the time. And is it in the contract that you have to feed them?:p

Mar 1, 2008
I am really looking in to getting one of the 8gbs for 99 I am just a lil concerned about the whole warranty? I take it since its refurbished that I couldnt purchase the Apple warrranty for like 69 bucks? Has anyone bought one of these yet?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Who told you that the Apple warranty is for 69 bucks? You'll just buy it for $99 USD (if that's its price), buy a plan, and take the 90 days warranty (as written on Apple's site) like everyone else. The plan is a 2-years-plan.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Who told you that the Apple warranty is for 69 bucks? You'll just buy it for $99 USD (if that's its price), buy a plan, and take the 90 days warranty (as written on Apple's site) like everyone else. The plan is a 2-years-plan.
It is a minimum of 90 days, could be more.

From the ATT site:
Refurbished iPhone 3G devices carry a warranty of 90 days or more. For details about the warranty on your refurbished iPhone 3G go to www.apple.com/support/oss/.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Anyone still have a V1 and try to upgrade to this yet? I'm trying to upgrade and I can't get the website to show me any 3G iPhones at all. They'll only show me the 3Gs if I'm not logged in. It seems to me that they'll only sell me a 3G if I go to an AT&T brick and mortar store, and I'll doubt that they'll give me a $199 16gb refurb there.

I guess they don't want existing customers to have a cheap 3G iPhone.

Mar 1, 2008
I was just wondering since its refurbished if I wanted to purchase the extra warranty if Apple/AT&T would let me? 99 bucks is an awesome price tho.. Smartalx do you plan on selling your v.1?

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Verizon is OK I guess, but who wants all those people following you around all the time. And is it in the contract that you have to feed them?:p
LMAO :)

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
As long as it looks good cosmetically I wouldn't have a problem with a refurbished unit (as long as its been discounted). If it doesn't work the way it should send that dawg back.

I've got two Nano's, ones refurbished and it works just as good if not better than the new one (knock on wood).

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Hahaha, I didn't know they knock on wood in USA too if they want to be safe from envying. We do that here a lot lmao!