refurbished $400 iPhone, Very tempting!

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
So now that they are selling the iPhone for $400, its very tempting to buy one of this for my girlfriend.

Only problem is she's with verizon, So I would have to open up a line on my account and sign up for 2 years :(. Unlocked phones can't be used with Verizon right? mmm

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
These are refurbished units and are posted on the official Apple web site. Nothing tricky here , very legit.

I don't regret for a minute paying full price for mine but had I waited, would have no concerns purchasing one of these.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Wow. I guess you can't blame them. They have to do something with the broke iPhones that they fix. I guess its better than them selling them as new. I also would have no problem buying one as long as it was directly from Apple. I also have no regret buying one new though. I would say go for it.

Can someone link me to it though, I can't seem to find it on the Apple website. I'm sure its bluntly obvious.

[NVM found it]

Bboy Trick

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
NJ
OMG MAN IM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY I WAS WAITING FOR IT TO GET AT LEAST 50 DOLLARS CHEAPER BUT HELL ITS 100 CHEAPER IM GONNA GET ONE FOR SURE LOL:laugh2:

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
What a good deal for an iPhone. This will surely get many people over the fence who were hesitant about spending the full MSRP.

Gray

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
Ok...if i were to buy one of these from Apple would i be able to keep my number from att?

asuandy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Refurbished stuff from Apple is good or better than new. My Macbook, 30GB iPod video, and 8GB iPod Nano are all refurbs and have always worked perfectly and had no visible dings or blemishes :cool:

Aug 1, 2007
Refurbished stuff from Apple is good or better than new. My Macbook, 30GB iPod video, and 8GB iPod Nano are all refurbs and have always worked perfectly and had no visible dings or blemishes :cool:
hmm... I just bought an iPhone last week the 4 gig model, now this is tempting because I want an 8gig , who thinks I should do this?

Bboy Trick

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
NJ
hmm... I just bought an iPhone last week the 4 gig model, now this is tempting because I want an 8gig , who thinks I should do this?
I think you should do this im gonna get a 4gig iPhone for 400dollars from them so you should do it. plus it comes with a 1 yr warranty and free shipping. so its a deal plus it could of been a refurbised because of a died pixel or something.:laugh2:

zandrik

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Where is the site?

As long as it's refurb. from Apple I would def. do it and not worry about it.
I clicked on the link to Apple's site on where to buy the refurbished iPhones, but it doesn't exist. At least not anymore. Anyone able to find the site where to get these phones?

Thank you!

Sorry just found it!

Thanks

Aug 1, 2007
I just clicked the link that is posted on page 1 and it's def. there and def. working.
crap, i just remembered, i gotta pay a restocking fee, lol, forget it! haha. im too cheap for that.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
so is this gonna be a limited thing or is this going to go on for a while...
Until they run out I suppose :) Although I don't think that any manufacturer can predict with 100% accuracy how many refurbished units they will have, they probably had "enough" to begin offering them for sale.

For the first month or so the retrun policy seemed a bit "liberal" to me. I suspect that many of the 'refurbed" units were never actually "defective" in the first place but that's just my 2 cents.