Refurbished iPhones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gijoe

Aug 12, 2007
A refurbished iPhone is one that was most likely returned for problems or the user didn't want it anymore and returned it within 14 days. They completely test them and they will operate like new, they just might have some cosmetic blemishes, but nothing major. They also come with the standard 1 year warranty.

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
I'm thinking seriously about ordering one of the 4GB refurbished iPhones. I had been holding off getting an iPhone because $599 was just a little more than I want to spend right now on a cell phone. But $399 is a lot more doable. Has anyone purchased one of these units? What kind of condition was it in - appearance wise? Any scratches, etc.?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I'm thinking seriously about ordering one of the 4GB refurbished iPhones. I had been holding off getting an iPhone because $599 was just a little more than I want to spend right now on a cell phone. But $399 is a lot more doable. Has anyone purchased one of these units? What kind of condition was it in - appearance wise? Any scratches, etc.?
i don't have a refurbished phone but have bought refurbished phones of otber models. You may get one with a few scratches but it should be in good working condition. If not you do get a warranty and can get another phone. The phone is gonna get scratches anyway through normal use i say go for it and save the $100.

n_kat

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Oregon Coast
I haven't purchased a refurb iPhone, but I have purchased a refurb Apple Powerbook and it was in perfect condition. I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between a new and refurb. Also, I purchased that powerbook several years ago and I've never had a single problem with it.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Apple's got their reputation to think about, unlike other companies. They're not going to sell you something that's scratched of damaged. I would expect it to be in brand new condition.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
i would think to much now since it just been a month so most dmg on your refurb will probbaly find of 2nd hand use its better then buying these a few yrs later then u know for sure peopel r sending it in for other stuff too.

knussear

Aug 25, 2007
I got a refurbished at it came absolutely flawless. I would'nt hesitate!