refurbuished iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

afrojefro

Dec 6, 2007
i was thinking about getting a refurbuished iPhone from Apple.com because they are only $70 with a 2 year replacement plan. i just wanted to know if any one has every bought a refirbuished iPhone and if they have had any problems with it the main concern is if i will have a problem activating the phone please respond to this thanks

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Refurbished iPhones are exactly that - refurbished.

They have been in use before - but have been brought to a full OOTB (Out of the box) state by Apple.

They have gone through what is called a Software Restore - the iPhone's software and firmware was completely wiped and put back in as the default. They also work hard to remove any scratches or dings that or on the surface.

The biggest thing you have to worry about when having a refurb is that some other guy may have licked your iPhone at one time. ;)

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't believe that they are.

The $69.99 you're seeing is for the AppleCare protection plan.

Refurbs are $100 off, so $299.

- John

bobbirss

Dec 6, 2007
My wife and I have been using refurbished units since the beginning of September. Everything is just fine.

However, the $70 price you see on the Apple store site is for the service plan only. The phone, if they were offering any at present, would be additional cost.